POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, you don’t know and are just guessing.

Which is why every prediction you make favors Dems, and slights Trump.

Which escapes the loose bounds of even guess work, and transits into wishful thinking.

And you’re trying to pass off what is thinly veiled and entirely biased wishful thinking as a critical analysis, while rejecting / opposing one possible reality, and instead substituting for another and one that you simply and more personally prefer, instead.

You’re not even saying what you think will happen, but what you wish will happen, instead.

That’s my point.

2. Tenacious D

I’ve admitted as much. Several times, and in this thread, in fact.

He might lose, but the Dems won’t beat him.

Because they can’t.

What’s to “rage” at.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

trumps a dickhead and plenty of reasons for people not to like him. That's not the point. People speak of approval rating as hey, look, 45% of people think the president is doing a bad job...Well that's not the case. It probably more like 5% know anything about politics and have their own informed opinion, and the other 40% are because he's Trump or a Republican or White or has urine colored hair, or is a racist bigot according to a girl at Starbucks.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How many times have you said he's going to win? Be in office another 6 years? Mocking us "stupid Dems"? When are you saying he "might lose"?

5. Unimane

The bold part is you, not me.

I was countering the narrative Trump will no doubt win, which necessitates noting why it would be possible. I even specifically noted things like Trump will likely win Ohio and Iowa, among other things you don't notice.

My position is very clear. Anyone who thinks there is a certainty either way is kidding themselves. I do think it's more likely Trump will not win, but that doesn't equal certain, but the absence of 50-50.

6. Unimane

It doesn't matter why they disapprove or approve as long as they do, considering the point is how they will vote. I haven't the faintest idea as to how many like him or don't for "authentic" reasons, but I have no idea how you would measure or define it.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That would make sense, if he had won the popular vote.

He didn't.

Unless the argument is that he has a silent greater number of people that don't hate his guts, and also didn't vote for him, out of fear that the voting machine might call them names.

Which I doubt is likely, and thus I believe proves your point invalid.

8. fl0at_

Pennsylvania. Because it was close the first time, and hasn't really trended up.

9. Unimane

What's this "will lose"? I will say he definitely could lose (I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand the difference.) the following:

1. Wisconsin
    2. Michigan
    3. Pennsylvania

All three are purple states which have leaned Democrat in recent elections, prior to 2016, and had sharp turns towards Democrats in the mid-terms, Wisconsin and Michigan switching to Democratic governors and all three elected Dems to the Senate. Wisconsin and Michigan, in particular, had a poor turnout, even with no Obama on the ticket, of black voters in 2016, costing Clinton very narrow margins. There are a lot more, too, with the point being he absolutely could lose these states.

Less likely, would be the following states, in my opinion:

1. Florida
    2. North Carolina
    3. Arizona

States Trump might flip:

1. New Hampshire
    2. Minnesota
    3. Nevada

I think Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico have become relatively solid for the Dems and, if they are losing them, the election will be well out of their reach, anyway.

And, before, you respond, yes, these are my opinions, not fact, though based on real info and not simply flights of whimsy.

10. Tenacious D

11. Tenacious D

Many times.
    In this thread.

12. Tenacious D

He lost the popular vote and was still elected.

The popular vote doesn’t matter.

zehr27 likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

Fair.

14. Tenacious D

Fair.

15. fl0at_

It does if you are making an argument that there are closet supporters.

Because there is no closet electoral vote.

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. Unimane

From the article:

"Eight Trump supporters started camping out Monday morning.."

Please tell me this was a post done tongue in cheek.

I also hope Trump manages to pay his bills on this rally. He sees to have a habit of not doing so.

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There are more people outside his rallies than are in Biden's.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

How did the economy compare at the time?

19. Unimane

I'm guessing there are more than 8 people in Biden's rally, but it's immaterial. Rallies are small numbers of people relative to who actually votes. Beto had a bunch of people in his rally and he won't even sniff the nomination.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Popular vote doesn’t matter