POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Accusing someone of racism because you have conflated their country of origin with their race, and assumed that they have made a similar mistake, is silly.

And, it might actually be racist.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Their country of origin is the United States. I think they are from the US. I thought they were all from the US. If my mistake is that I think every US Congress person is from the US, and that makes me racist, then I am. I cannot deny it, I thought every one of them was from the United States.

Why didn't he?

Why don't you?

3. fl0at_

Can a mod please edit my title to include racist, since I think people from the US are from the US.

The Dooz likes this.
  4. fl0at_

It should read: Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck, racist

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What about telling an American to go back to their country - when this is it. Why would you tell an American that if you’re Trump? Has he told Joe Biden that? No. Tlaib that? Yes.

Now we must assess why that is. I’ll let Tlaib do that for me. She feels it was because she is a person of color. Do I find that reasonable? Sure do.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Humorless, asinine, joyless, racist, pr*ck IMO

7. TennTradition

First you’ve completely mischaracterized the actual stance I have on multiple times so I’m not sure where to begin. I guess I’ll just leave it and encourage you to re-read my posts from last night until now.

I find the tweet wrong. It is either factually wrong (he knows they aren’t from other countries but he’ll say it anyway) or wrong because it’s racist (he assumed they were not from here because they didn’t look like they were).

I find the tweet wrong because my opinion is that he wrote it make their ideas seem further un-American, to imply that they nor their ideas really belong here. I feel confident that this is an entirely reasonable and likely accurate description. I don’t have to *know* what he meant or what he was trying to do to find it offensive. It isn’t right to do it.

8. TennTradition

Just stop. No one here is conflating their country of origin with their race. Some of us asserting that he jumped to country of origin due to race.

9. fl0at_

I thought the joyless was an adjective to [Penis], not just a general joylessness. Like I got no joy out of being a [Penis].

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

if one randomly selects 4 members of the majority in Congress, there is a 97.7% chance at least one of the four would identify as white. I don't see how that fits the fallacy description.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's funny that we can get a liberal to define a racist to a tee, but not sure what to call a person with a pecker.

It's a joke

GahLee and VolDad like this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is it any more reasonable than other possible explanations?

Aren’t both of her parents Palestinian immigrants? Doesn’t she speak about her Palestinian ancestors frequently and hold unique positions about the Palestinian/Israeli conflict that would seem to heavily favor the Palestinian people over the Israelis? Might it be fair to suggest that she holds a sort of “dual” allegiance in some ways (even if it’s not 50/50) between the US and Palestine?

When did Joe Biden’s family come to America? Where did they come from? Does he comment on issues involving their country of origin? The fact that I don’t know the answer to any of these questions suggests that Joe Biden’s allegiance seems to rest solely with America and Americans.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have a prejudice of Penn reels. Not because they're gold though

14. TennTradition

Reasonable only if he spoke of allegiances or or family origin. He just spoke of the country they were originally from.

15. fl0at_

We've defined that down to a tee as well, you just don't like the definition.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

A boy?

17. Tenacious D

18. Tenacious D

They are each from the US.

Perhaps a fresh re-reading of his tweets would prove helpful, now, several pages into this.

“Places” mustn’t be any country of origin, but in fact, can be a city, state...Congressional district, etc.

19. Tenacious D

Is this what he said, TT?

His actual words - is this what he said?

20. Tenacious D

Perfect.

So, if there is no confusion between a country of origin and race....

And he didn’t make any reference to their race...or any others.

You’re still asserting he’s a racist...because he mentioned their countries of origin....and which we’ve agreed has nothing to do with race.

Is that right?