POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And its in us all to some extent. Anyone saying its not is a liar.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

For someone who believes this, you sure have oddly spent a lot of time defending the belief that it is not in one person.

3. Ssmiff

Predjudice isnt the same as racism. Please dont insult my intelligence as you did last night, when you dont know basic definitions

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Be careful there, IMO.

One who has prejudices, including unconscious biases, is prone to commit acts of racism. If there is a spectrum of racists, then those people are on the preferred end of it, but I think we do have to recognize that is racism and appropriately check ourselves.

5. fl0at_

Please classify the following for me:

What word do you use to label someone who is prejudiced against women. Prejudice? What about men? Prejudice? Black people? Prejudice?

How do you tell it apart? How do you classify who is predjuice against men, but not women? Women but not men?

Our entire language is built on classification, our minds built on classification, and the word used to classify prejudice due to race is racism.

6. Ssmiff

All i know is im about to be racist against pool floats. If one does something, they all do it.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, something that doesn’t mention race can be racist. Got it.

Can you give me an example of this?

I’m stuck on the word “assume” as you used it in “...if he assumed that Tlaib and AOC were not born here because of their race, that would be racist.” I’m reading that as your saying if someone (in this case, you) were to presume that this was his assumption....then it’s racist. Of course, that also presumes that someone could reasonably mistake a person’s birthplace with their race, and before you could even determine that such was racist at all, and to which I’d likely disagree.

Then you go on to say:
    “If he used their race and cultural background against them..”

Which begs the question as to whether he actually did that, or not - so did he? Or, are you are just assuming the he did, or intended to do? Because surely it’s reasonable to ask whether he actually did the thing you’re accusing him of doing, or not, right? Is it reasonable to ask?

Because immediately afterwards, you offer this aside:
    “(inappropriately I might add as first they are all Americans and deserve to have their voice heard hear as much as the next American and second most of them don’t have a country to go back to - this is it)”

So, if you’re saying that he’s possibly racist for your presumption of his assumption of some racist intent, and which was at least somewhat predicated on his using their birthplace against those who were “not born here” (see your comment, copied verbatim, above)....but all but one which he mentioned was born here, how can he be painted as a racist against people for where they were born...when they were born in the US, just as he was?

Here’s another way to say it:

You: It’s racist to say anything about these people who were born in igloos.

Then You: These people weren’t born in igloos.

Also You: He didn’t mention anything about igloos.

Also You: Trump probably doesn’t even know if these people were born in igloos or not, but I assume that he didn’t know...that they weren’t.

Finally You: Yes, this definitely makes him a racist.

Then this gem, a corner tile in the rich mosaic of its own insanity:

“...as a tool that satisfies racial and xenophobic fears in others, then float argued that is a racist act.”

So, if Trump says something that doesn’t mention race, and attributes things to which race has no part or was mentioned, and the person(s) to whom he was speaking don’t meet even his own self-styled criteria...and which you presume that he assumed anything...and if that also happens to unknowingly and unintentionally satisfy some uninvolved and unknown others then he’s definitely, undoubtedly, inarguably, a racist?

Have I nailed the pertinent facts of your conclusions, here, and the individual lines of thought which lead to it?

Why not just say, “I think Trump is a racist, no matter what.”? No need to church it up.

8. Tenacious D

Is it racist to tell a Canadian to go back to Canada? How about Swedes to go back to Sweden?

What makes telling someone to return from whence they cane have anything to do with race?

Says who?

9. fl0at_

I don't know what this means.

10. fl0at_

How do you know they aren't where they came from?

11. Tenacious D

I’m prejudiced against Norwegians.

I’m also prejudiced against Auburn grads.

Does the origin matter, here?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

and yet, he hasn't told anyone from Canada or Europe to go back to where they came from. huh.

13. Tenacious D

If there’s one thing that we’ve learned from racists, it’s that labeling others is never wrong.

The broader the swath, the better.

14. fl0at_

You're a Norweignist and an Auburnist. No, the origin doesn't matter.

15. Tenacious D

Does it matter where they came from, or if I know it or not?

Because someone once told me that the origins of prejudice don’t matter.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

he asked how, not if you do

17. fl0at_

I don't know what this means. Classification and labeling are the same thing? I don't know what your point is. Labeling something supremacy is actually a narrowing. Labeling something racism is a narrowing. That's what classification does. It narrows, and constricts, not broadens.

18. fl0at_

Oh, I see. You thought the word "origin" meant a literal place you could fly to. Hah. Classic Tenny.

19. Tenacious D

Oh, sorry, you assume that because he’s not offered an exhaustive list of every nation on earth, that he must be racist, here? Is that the game?

IP, The Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy. The Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy, IP: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_sharpshooter_fallacy

20. fl0at_

How can you tell someone to go back to where they came from, if you don't know where they came from?

Are you saying he told them they should go back to America? Because that would mean he's saying he's corrupt, and I don't disagree with him, I just find it odd that he would so admit it.