POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty much. Which is obviously silly.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Read today’s story on Mariano Rivera. That’s cancel culture.

tvolsfan and GahLee like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The dumbass inbreds are only half the problem, and the lesser part of it. They’re dumbass inbreds. No one expects them to do the right thing or make the right decision, and no matter what we do to change them, they’re still gonna be dumbass inbreds. We just have to wait for them to die off.

The bigger part of the problem is that once these dumbass inbreds claim a historic symbol for themselves, instead of saying “no, that’s not a racist symbol you dumbass inbreds,” certain members of the left, who are intelligent, contributing members of society, validate those claims. Those people are the bigger problem because they should know better.

Fair.

We’ve been posting examples.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Where? I googled, all I see is that he is making a HOF speech? NBC, NYT, and NY Post. Where should I be looking?

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Close your Comrads for Cortez link and do some research.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, yeah

I'm wondering why dooz is being such a condescending [penis] about it.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So it's like this hand symbol being deemed a racist gesture, then

ok.jpg

8. RockyHill

Daily Beast

9. RockyHill

Sort of his thing after going full woke star in the past several years.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The idea from conservative critics that leftists have gone overboard in determining symbols and ideas objectionable might have more resonance if the right wasn't labeling everything from the left as "communist" or "anti-American".

I'm not sure how this cancel culture is supposed to work, but I do know protesting and trying to silence or marginalize ideas, people, etc. isn't particularly new or endemic to one side's crazies.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I also don’t know what “cancel culture” is.

And for the record, I don’t know that I appreciate y’all encroaching on my solitary and well-established role as being the white-hot, right-wing zealot / racist / xenophobe / sexist / homophobe in this thread.

After reading the last several pages, where I once thought that I could just throw conservative bombs, I’m now starting to feel that I need to start playing the middle.

Y’all trying to turn me into John Roberts, it seems.

12. Unimane

[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of history behind this whole thing. He's sort of like the snotty kid who keeps poking his finger in your face or the guy who keeps talking shit about you at the bar, on the court or wherever. It's not right to hit him, but it's still different than a girl wearing revealing clothing "deserving" to be raped. Those Antifa folks are idiots, no doubt, though.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was being less than 1% serious

14. Unimane

I know, but I used it to illustrate a point. A probably just should have made the point in a stand alone post, to be fair.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

A gathering of them would scare me more than a rally of racist skinheads. The skinheads are typically outnumbered by counter demonstrators and do nothing more that carry tiki torches, rebel flags and give NAZI salutes.

Antifa runs around in their mask throwing rocks, bottles, sticks, generally beat on things, and what not.

16. Tenacious D

Paragraph 1: Two Wrongs

Paragraph 2: I agree that it isn’t new, but it is wrong, no matter who does it or why. And it should be opposed.

17. Tenacious D

The violent tactics typically employed by ANTIFA are wrong, condemnable and chickenshit. Any counter-action that they’ll surely ignite will also be wrong, condemnable and chickenshit - but they’ll get no sympathy from me for having practically invited and encouraged it.

I’ve only seen ANTIFA in liberal strongholds, and not elsewhere in the US, but perhaps I’ve missed it.

18. Unimane

I was making the point about two wrongs in light of this discussion about "cancel culture". I'm still not entirely sure of its meaning, either.

19. RockyHill

What’s confusing about cancel culture?

GahLee likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

In the time you took to ask us what’s confusing, you could have provided clarity.

So, do that.

TennTradition likes this.