POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Me, when IP says to punish companies who hire illegals:
    [​IMG]

Also me, when IP says to increase the guest worker program...which is just a soft sell to allow them to continue to remain here, ostensibly, long enough for Dems to later and undoubtedly argue they “deserve” citizenship:
    [​IMG]

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

When you click on the attachment link it is too small?

Did you try blowing on it?

NorrisAlan and VolDad like this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We also have price sets on agricultural products that pretty much insures that we use illegal labor, if technology cant be used.

4. Tenacious D

It is my understanding that becoming a legal citizen of the United States has proven to be impossible.

kmf600 likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnd............TWSS

6. Tenacious D

What am I looking at, here?

7. CardinalVol

I tend to agree with this.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Trump giving a thumbs up with the baby that was orphaned in the El Paso attack.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. Tenacious D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In a world where our unemployment is under 4%, those jobs are not going to get filled by Americans.

11. Tenacious D

This is the part that always gets screwed up - Americans don’t want / wouldn’t do these jobs.

I wouldn’t want to cut, stake and put up tobacco for a living, to clean hotels, to pick strawberries or to run a landscaping crew. That is, at least not for what these companies have gotten away with paying illegal immigrants.

This is a $1B+ company running several of these plants. List those 600 jobs as starting at $25/hr + benefits and see how fast they get filled.

What, y’all think that they’ll stop processing or that people will stop eating chicken? Do you think that if they could have moved or that it’d been cheaper to move operations out of the country that they wouldn’t have already and long ago done so?

Americans aren’t going to process chickens for $10-15/hr, but then explain how other chicken processing plants who don’t use 600 illegal immigrants still manage to both stay in business and make a profit?

“Americans won’t do these jobs” or “It’ll make things too expensive” is just an all-too convenient course of apologetics for those who wish to profit off of illegal immigration, and at the direct detriment to Americans.

And particularly and specifically those Americans who are most at-risk; the impoverished, least educated and lowest skilled.

This argument, with your capitalism-is-king and racist ass.

IP likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

All I am saying is that there are "help wanted" signs everywhere. If those 3.8% wanted to work, they would have jobs.

13. Tenacious D

Fair.

Do you think the potential for higher pay will increase or lessen their willingness to work?

What about continuing to give the able-bodied but unemployed persons free shit - do you think that increases or decreases their willingness to work?

I feel like you’re on the cusp of a new breakthrough here, NA. Keep pushing forward.

14. CardinalVol

New company is moving into to hometown, 300ish jobs. Higher skilled, would be best pay for factory job in county by wide margin.

As of a month ago, they only had 175, 200ish applicants for the positions. Why? Because they require a drug test.

15. Tenacious D

[​IMG]

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My sis 2nd husband fits here. She works for me. He "helps" her. She had a couple down months and asked for an advance. [uck fay] no. Your hubby smokes cigs and drinks bud on your tab, has not income, and y'all are short and need help? [uck fay] no. Go to Lowe's. Home depot, the Y. Anything.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

what's his problem? like, what is the excuse he gives for not having a job or ambition?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pay doesn't matter for some, they just aren't going to work

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahahahaha

That reminds me of one job we were subs on, the place we were working required a pretty good background check.

Well, 14 total people passed. Over 200 attempted it. Eventually, they required only the superintendents to pass background checks

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Because they have been able to pay bills on her and he "has been a big help". I told her i was gonna sound like our dad, but when they are making calls and he has a job, bringing in whatever, and need help we could talk. No job and you are gonna try to bum money first? Hell naw. Family or not.