POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Waiting for pistols to be pulled and fights in the ailes in Congress soon. Wouldn't be the first time.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Trying to figure out who might be the Preston Brooks in all of this mess.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Every time I see Gaetz name, I google to see if he has been disbarred yet.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Barr is opening a criminal investigation into the Russian probe. It's never ending.

5. NorrisAlan

Imagine if (IF) Clinton were to get elected in 2020...

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Required for subpoena power. So, an inevitable conclusion once Trump pushed for the investigation.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, and very likely a waste of time and resources just like the last one.

8. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...eviews-russia-investigation-origins?_amp=true

“President Trump said he believes a string of "corruption" in the 2016 election leads all the way up to former President Barack Obama.

After admitting to not being privy to the latest findings in Attorney General William Barr and U.S. Attorney John Durham's inquiry into the origins of Russia investigation, Trump said, "I just know that our country is looking into the corruption of the 2016 election."

"There was a lot of corruption. Maybe it goes right up to President Obama. I happen to think it does," Trump added.”

Throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

My personal wish is that he would bow out and end this foolishness.

Thoughts?

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That it is now a criminal investigation is not unimportant.

Hence the ol’ preemptive “Your hands are dirty, too!” & “He’s only doing this because we’re after him!” (or it’s rough equivalent, “He’s weaponizing the DOJ!”) theatrics of “impeachment” on the Hill. At least the Dems are being proactive, so credit where it’s due.

It’ll all come out, whatever it is, whomever did anything, and we’ll all be better off for it.

10. Tenacious D

If he truly believes that, it must go all the way to Obama. Or, at least I can’t now imagine a scenario where it doesn’t.

The release of the 302’s will prove enlightening, whatever they say. You’d do well to recall that Trump already has access to these.

And corruption was alleged to not only be rampant throughout the 2016 election, but well afterwards, too. Like, remember that time that everyone said Trump was crazy in alleging that Obama spied on his campaign....and then it was proven, in court and under sworn testimony, that this had actually occurred?

And what was the reasoning used for that unprecedented surveillance? The ol’ “Muh Russia!” shit. Well, where did that originate? Hence, Barr’s recent actions, and the Dems panic.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It already came out, and it didn't matter. This is the "your hands are dirty, too!" move. They collaborated with foreigners during the 2016 election. They tried to collaborate with foreigners for the 2020 election. Wake. Up. Your boy is exactly what you think the Dems are.

The Dooz likes this.
  12. TheOrangeEmpire

This deserves to be discussed over Bourbon and a fire.

13. NorrisAlan

The biggest issue and warning sign I have about this 2016 stuff is that Trump uses the same language for "Obama spied on me" as when he says "Miami airport is one of the biggest...some say the biggest..."

No one says that about Miami International. It isn't even in the top twenty.

It is just Trump inventing his Trump world, imho.

14. TheOrangeEmpire

Norris, this really tickled me.

:D

15. Tenacious D

No, he didn’t in 2016.

And you’re not going to like how the allegations that he attempted to do so for 2020 is going to turn out for the Dems.

You realize that they’re not even using the whistleblower now, right? That gives you not even a moment of pause, here, even in your current state? It may not, but should.

16. Tenacious D

Would love to. My liberal friends here won’t believe that I can be persuaded that Trump or his Admin have done something wrong, but they’re going to have to prove it to me.

Simple, really.

But it makes for excellent fireside conjecture.

Also, I don’t drink, but will enjoy a Diet Coke / coffee, instead.

17. Tenacious D

Understandable.

But that Obama used the DOJ & FBI to spy on Trump is a matter of publicly settled record.

18. TheOrangeEmpire

My apologies, I would defer to the nectar of the gods, a diet Mountain Dew or it’s generic version.

19. NorrisAlan

Why should they when Trump released the source material? If someone tells the police he saw a guy Rob someone and then the robber says "yeah, I robbed him", you don't need the witness much any longer.

20. Tenacious D

Correct.

So what are they “impeaching” on, again?