POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

One side is going to win in this fight, and the one who loses will never be the same in the next 100 years, if even then.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It appears he was attempting to withhold Congressionally approved aid to Ukraine unless they investigate a political rival.

Before you say anything, I understand the position that "he was wanting them to investigate corruption". And that is the claim and yes, there was never an explicit "help me destroy my political enemy and I'll give you your money". Trump may be a complete moron, but he has savant like ability to stay clean. And part of that is mob like language. IMHO.

You and I will never agree, and that is ok. You love Trump. I am not really sure what your ambition is for him or what end game you hope comes from Trump. I never remember you explicitly stating this, just giving your normal half speak and vague answers (so it seems to me).

I would love to hear what you want from Trump in plain words and with no obfuscation.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm not clear on your definition of sides, but I believe the threshold has already been breached - for both sides. There's no going back to normalcy; this is a new paradigm. The question is how do we adapt, improve and (hopefully) heal in the new.

4. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

I think the political machine is attempting to correct itself. It just so happens the Democrats are the agent.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Agree with this, but I don't believe there can be a full correction. Stabilization perhaps. Trump has always been a symptom of a much larger tectonic shift. He is the 7.9 earthquake. There will be smaller aftershocks and then we'll all work together on the rebuild.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  6. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Imo, I don’t think we’ve seen a pushback from the career government workers within federal agencies since Watergate.

Time will tell though if the shift back will be a positive one. I am an enduring optimist. ;)

gcbvol likes this.
  7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Abuse of power. It's historically impeachable, even if not jailable.

Abusing the powers of the office for political gain.

Essentially, if Trump had said "We would like you guys to look into all levels of corruption by American citizens, and until you do, we won't be able to provide aide."

He would have been more okay than directly naming anyone.

Which would have been more okay than naming the family member of a political opponent.

Which would have been more okay than naming a political opponent.

Trump didn't do the worst thing he could have done, in this kind of quid pro quo category. But he did the next to worse.

And it isn't bad enough to warrant removal from office. But it falls in line with impeachment inquiry.

It probably really just warrants censure. But little things adds up.

8. NorrisAlan

And he wondered why he was getting blowback on hosting the G7 at his own personally owned resort. Or the blowback from a remote golf course resort in Scotland (I believe) that suddenly started getting a lot of Air Force traffic at it.

It is all of these things. He is not serving the People, but Donald Trump. The essence of the abuse of power.

IMHO

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

After hearing he would do it for free if permissable and at the least for cost I wondered the same thing.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He benefits from it regardless. These folks spend on more than a room. Also he’s all about advertising and promoting his properties through his presidency. Holding it there isn’t appropriate.

11. NorrisAlan

Do you actually believe he was going to do it for free if allowed?

12. fl0at_

Are his employees doing it for free too? No. So he is getting gain.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So people other than him are getting paid. What a shame.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Thanks to CNN, no.

15. fl0at_

Let me ask you a question, and it'll be a simple question:

If someone goes through your business, to do business with an employee of yours, have they done business with you, even if you don't directly get paid?

Because private business and public business are supposed to be as separate as church and state.

16. fl0at_

I'm sure he'd be the first through the door to disclose his finances. And if he didn't... well, that would just be more shit the Democrats keep screwing around with, rather than dealing with actual government business, eh?

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Finally you get it.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Simple answer, yes. Let me ask you this, if you buy something to sell do you sell it for the same price as you bought it?

19. NorrisAlan

June is the super slow time at Doral. He has to pay staff, taxes, etc on a 30% used property.

Now, he does something in June "at cost" that will guarantee 100% occupancy with the same staff, taxes, etc.

He made money even at cost.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I might sell it for less than I bought it if I think it could be a good loss leader.