POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can’t answer this, and would have to think about it.

It’s hard for me to imagine how it’s healthy for a democracy where only millionaires, or those indebted to millionaires, can be realistic candidates for office.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, that depends how it is limited. It could also completely neuter them.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm saying, "a campaign can only spend x dollars, and here it is." Imagine if public discussion and such actually mattered, and there were no political ads.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would be on board for this.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, it feels like some new billionaire is buying their way into the D primary every week now. That's ridiculous, given the size of the field, that they could have joined before but their wealth gives them the luxury of buying back the ground, and that their relevant experience is sometimes just "I'm very wealthy."

6. Tenacious D

Make each Party put all money into one pot and split monies up equally amongst all eligible candidates - including independents.

Disallow candidates from spending any money - including their own and PACS - beyond what they were allocated from that fund. This would dry up corporate and special interest monies almost overnight. Don’t like the system, don’t want to share money - don’t donate.

If you don’t want to split it between any eligible candidates, fearing there would be too many, then raise the criteria for eligibility through non-monetary means.

Instead of 5k signatures, bump it up to 500k and hitting at least 5% of voting populace in at least two non-contiguous states. Disallow any signatures from registered voters who’ve signed for another candidate, because ultimately, they’ve only got one vote to give to one candidate.

If you’re going to run for President, then run.

This would eliminate the Johnny Come Latelys, because if they waited too long, their literally wouldn’t be enough signatures to be obtained.

I’ve not thought through any of this, but it’s an interesting idea to play with.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not a Constitutional requirement. You're just giving more power to a party system.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

they're showing their hand. those look like an uncurated draft of the articles of impeachment

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

TRUMP BROUGHT OUT CONAN! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I fear the white markings are due to chaffing and rubbing of the harness he likely wore for weeks/months at a time, with that white hair growing back in afterward. makes me sad. Running nekkid now, though.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

they're not dog people, and that's okay. sheesh. they are still giving him and us the moment.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

15. Tenacious D

Dems blinking.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Doesn't look like a worried man.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Impeachment hearings didn’t move the dial on impeachment polling. So nothing to be worried about.

18. Tenacious D

No, it moved, just not toward impeachment / Dems.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Rudy has other clients than me."

And so it begins.

[​IMG]

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Rudy is not the guy Trump wants to push under a bus unless he knows he absolutely did nothing wrong. Rudy would turn fast.