POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Does that invalidate the evidence presented.

Or is it more a case of ok, so he did it - but the Dems don’t deserve to nail him on it based on how they’ve acted.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have heard it said that the Dems screwed it up by seeking Impeachment over Censure.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Having a case would be a good start.

4. Tenacious D

He didn’t do it, from all presented evidence.

Even if he did do it, it was neither illegal nor wrong.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay. Where did they do a terrible job, specifically? How should it have gone?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He didn't do a legal thing, got it.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The initial meetings.

The pure political partisianess of it.

Those are my too biggest problems.

Look, I'm far from a trump fan, but this has been 99.99% political and .01% defending the Constitution.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see every day americans getting that upset over foreign aid and all the bullshit that goes with it.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is funny.

10. CardinalVol

I also think had this not been a 3 year continual looking for a gotcha it would be received more by the public.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

99.9% have never paid attention to it until all this bullshit.
    I mean, trying to get your arch enemy president out of office for asking about your candidate, who is running for office, and his dealings and $ made with Ukraine, makes them look ridiculous to many people who normally wouldnt pay much attention

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The initial meetings, as in the closed door meetings? How was it partisan?

I have heard the GOP contingent say (and make signs to the effect of) that Schiff broke the rules, was keeping them out, etc. None of that is true. The rules set by the GOP themselves back in the Obama years are being followed. 100's of members of Congress could attend those hearings. Many GOP members did, in fact. I heard the same people complain about "closed door" sessions AND the public sessions.

The democrats' biggest problem is they keep losing to the right wing messaging machine.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indeed, by not moving forward with impeachment/censure sooner for emoluments violations and/or obstruction of justice stemming from the Mueller probe, for fear of it looking like a with hunt, NOW it looks like a witch hunt. This is what the AOC squad folks were worried about by Schiff and Pelosi waiting until now.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. Had they not started from day 1 on this stuff I can bet people would be taking this more serious right now.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or just moved forward with high crime and misdemeanor 1.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's funny how a man's conduct and crimes is being made into a cautionary tale of "the party who called wolf," while ignoring the fact that there was ACTUALLY A [uck fay]ING WOLF THE WHOLE TIME. It's a wonderful lesson for children, as they adjust to living in an American autocracy.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have one or two posters saying there is 100% proof of Trump witholding funds unless Biden is investigated, and we have others who say 100% there is zero proof.
    Makes sense.

18. Tenacious D

The Dems biggest problem is that they don’t have a platform which is comprised of enough plank issues that are both important and resonate with sufficient strength to compel a sufficient number of the American voting populace to vote for them instead of Trump, and in areas where it’s most needed if they hope to win the WH in 2020.

Their second biggest problem is that they’ve killed a great deal of their credibility with these same people.

Yes, yes, yes.....I’m the asshole.....I’m dumb...this is racist....I’m a racist....yada yada yada.

19. CardinalVol

That's the thing. There's not 100% proof either way. And I don't think there was ever any attempt to try to get to anywhere near 100% proof by the Dems. They just wanted a dog and pony show to play politics with.

20. CardinalVol

Don't cry wolf unless you are ready to take down the wolf?