POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I read it. I didn't think it was over the top at all, especially for him. The reaction, while not surprising, was a bit over the top IMO.

However, any goodwill that had been built up with me was thrown out the window with yesterday's tweets.

A-Smith and VolDad like this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think that other statements by the man are being combined to create a whole picture, rather than just cherry pick a few sentences on a single date.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't as bad as it could be, but to me this does fit the description:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-mount-rushmore.html

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Then write that but I’ve seen too many articles not doing that but gaslighting about the speech.

I’m not a trump fan and he has a lot of faults but the media is also horrible on their coverage on him

justingroves likes this.
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Some, maybe, but based on a lot of the articles I've seen come out in response to the speech, it seems like a lot of people didn't.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty much all of it is inaccurate. But please, tell me more of how unfair the media is to him while pretending like this is an accurate description of events.

8. fl0at_

This part is divisive. "Our hereos" which ones are "our" heroes? Which memorials are "our most sacred?" These are divisive statements. If we don't agree on which ones are heroes and which ones are sacred, we're divided.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They just recently tore down Frederick Douglass.

The movement has been hijacked by Marxist and even a lot in BLM are quitting and saying the same thing

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Blaming Trump for divisiveness sums up a lot of issues. You cant try over and over to oust the man, label his voters as bigoted, racist antigay deplorables, destroy blocks of cities and businesses, vandalize, loot and insist support of the BLM orgsnization then cry about him being the one dividing people. Give me a [uck fay]ing break.
    Please let it all end 11/3.

11. fl0at_

Trump isn't to blame for Trump. Trump is Trump, always has been, will continue to be. His voters brought this on themselves. Don't like it, blame them. But they will exist well past 11/3.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln statues have been attacked.

They’re not perfect men but those are the cornerstones of our pass.

They’re pushing the 1619 bullshit

A-Smith likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding on what all of this is. No one who thinks that black lives matter has stopped thinking that because of radicals going out and doing things. Not one. This entire time, there is a narrative being pushed that there is a centralized national organization orchestrating events, and there isn't. There are many groups. There are many individuals. They don't all agree on all things and never did. Are some people moving on from the protesting stage and back to organizing? Sure.

And further, what makes you think BLM types had anything to do with tearing down that statue? Isn't it more likely that it was done by individuals or groups retaliating on the statue issue?

We know for a FACT that many extremist infiltrators from the extreme right have been influencing and acting out to stir up trouble. There have been many arrests across the country of these types. There have also been infiltrators with only a tangential relationship to the agenda of protesting for BLM, and actually have some sort of anarchist/marxist-anarchist agenda. However, the broad movement is what it says it is on the tin: black lives matter.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you want to worship idols, go ahead. Tearing them down isn't the right way to go about it, but the hand-wringing about it is ridiculous and from a Christian perspective to refer to them as sacred is literally blasphemy. They're objects.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They’re ideas and representation of what we strive for and often come short but hopefully always working towards.

They’re not pillars of oppression and evil.

Indy likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We should update BLM to include either an "S" for "Statement" or a "O" for "Organization."

I agree with BLMS. I don't agree with BLMO.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't agree with this statement, at all.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

They definitely are when they are used that way, which they have been. The reaction against them is a direct result of the "founding fathers" mythos conservatives have trotted out over the past 30 years. Direct. They were painted as infallible divinely inspired architects, but they clearly are just men with flaws. Imagine being told that people who enslaved your ancestors (and all the things that go with it) were ordained by god in their deeds. Look at it from another perspective. It really isn't about these men at all, it is about the way they have been used.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Disagree.

Might be part of it, but it goes deeper than that. Slavery has become the unforgivable sin that must be punished.

These guys were flawed. Nearly all accept that. They were still pretty incredible men that created something amazing, albeit not perfect. Biggest misconception most think is that they were all (sans Jefferson) God-fearing evangelicals in the 21st century meaning of it.

Volst53 likes this.
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Pretty easy to fight against and sadly progress wasn’t as fast what we wanted but historically what they did still respects being taught.

Unfortunately it didn’t encompass everyone under those ideas but set the game for the progress that we enjoy today and hopefully keep moving toward for equal opportunity for everyone no matter their background.

I think we should call all the equal outcome movement going on though because that won’t go anywhere we as a free society want