POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I expect a monument built to me, then. And everyone else on the planet.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It really is interesting and disappointing to read about. Washington wrote about how inefficient and frustrating slave labor was. They were just afraid. They didn’t want to be the ones who took that step. And they didn’t want to lose their labor.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When a guy is in charge of a company/business, which is what a plantation was, and makes what I consider unethical decision to line his pockets, yeah, usually that's what I call them.

Are you looking for the word criminal (slavery was legal mind you), or evil?

4. fl0at_

I'm just looking for you to call them a hero. Donald did it, and it hit you just right.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll find a nice slab of Cararran marble next time I’m over there

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You are a Veteran and dont believe issues he addressed with the VA have a positive effect on you? Also a good chance you and your neighbors were employed as unemployment was at an alltime low. Dont have to worry about that anymore, do we. Shocker. If you had money invested your investments grew.

Besides tweeting and being mean, what decisions did Trump make which had an adverse effect on you and your family?

7. fl0at_

I'm fine with building a memorial to humanity, and then removing all the others.

8. CardinalVol

You have to be perfect to be a hero? Didn't realize that.

9. fl0at_

I'm not a disabled veteran. And I'm in my 30s. Nothing done to the VA affects me. And likely won't, as I don't use the VA. I'm sure someone benefited from it, and that's great. I don't think anything done was so revolutionary as only he would have done it.

I don't think anyone in my neighborhood has ever been unemployed, now, then, or if Donald hadn't been elected.

I'm paying more for electronics than I ever had, due to tarrifs.

10. fl0at_

Seems like there is a huge middle ground between perfect and not owning people and refusing to not own people because money.

But you scale you, brother.

11. CardinalVol

Maybe one day I'll get woke enough to realize they, the Constitution, and everything else about it is evil.

12. fl0at_

There also seems to be a pretty good bit of ground between evil and hero.

But I'm sensing a binary pattern.

These guys can be put on a shelf and that won't undo what they did. We still get the good. And we make new heroes.

13. CardinalVol

Nah, I'm just following the float method of going to the illogical extremes to make a point.

I think these guys can and should be revered for what they created, warts and all on them and their creation, whether that's a statue or not. Of course, get rid of the statues and there will be pushes to get rid of them in history too because God forbid we discuss they good and bad they did.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So Western Europe is now most countries? What?

Also, based on Card's link, US falls pretty much in line with everyone else when looking at both the banishment of the slave trade and the abolition of slavery itself.

15. fl0at_

In the 16,17 and 1800s, yes, Western Europe countries were most of the countries. In fact, Britain, France and Spain owned pretty much the entire globe.

The US falls well after, and had to fight a war over it.

16. fl0at_

If you think you're channeling me, then I've failed to explain something, somewhere.

I try to always fall in the gray.

We live what they created. A study of American government is a study of the creation of their form of philosophy.

How do you forsee is being able to get rid of that? Short of forming a global country, we can't. It is our entire government.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Where was this faux outrage about mt rushmore before recently?

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They can't, and won't, be removed from history, as statues have nothing to do with being able to include or exclude them from history. However, their place and role within history will be continually reassessed, as is everything and everyone in history. Without the statues, they'll still be discussed regarding the good and bad they did.

19. CardinalVol

Simple.

You just quit talking about the creation of it. You talk about what it means now, now how, where, or why it was created. You give it a day to give the high points in class, then move on to the next topic so you can focus on the important stuff.

We may live their philosophy, but we can easily get rid of the founders and why their philosophy was such a big deal.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's been around for a long time, as have the criticisms of the statues and the Redskins, etc. This is simply the moment in which the greater public is finally interested in it.

NorrisAlan likes this.