POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't have to "look at it from another perspective." I can read the perspective of black Americans (which I find much more valuable than me trying to imagine what their perspective might be) who point out that the founding fathers laid the groundwork for the eventual liberation of those men they enslaved. Slavery was a global issue at the time of our country's founding. There was no "abolish it overnight" solution that could have been realistically pursued. But they laid the groundwork and planted the seed for its eventual elimination. Why would we seek to tear that down?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

So they were responsible for most countries eliminating slavery before their own country? How?

3. fl0at_

The seed to end slavery was planted well before, and by many others, before it ever crossed our ENTIRE country's mind to do it.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Most? Which countries are you talking about?

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He was doing his job just fine. Most of our lives were positively effected during his term until this mess.
    But hes an arrogant dickhead who wont shut his mouth and makes people hate him. When people make it personal and allow hate to override their ability to think and rationalize, and are pissed about losing, it makes the ride a lot more rough than necessary.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My take on it from what little reading I’ve done, most, if not all, of the big name FFs who were slave owners, knew it was wrong, knew it wouldn’t stand indefinitely, and knew they needed the southern states’ support, so weren’t brave enough to do anything about it

8. fl0at_

Western Europe countries.

9. fl0at_

And also weren't brave enough to free their own.

So they knew it was wrong, and continued it. On things they could do something about, ie, their own shit.

cpninja likes this.
  10. fl0at_

My life was not positively effected. It was, at best, a push.

I believe that would have been true, regardless of who was elected. Which means I could have had the same life, and not had an arrogant dickhead as the leader of my country.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Yep.

12. fl0at_

Which should make you wonder whether they actually thought it was wrong.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I think they were just afraid. It was more politically expedient to kick that can down the road. Maybe I’m naive.

14. fl0at_

But let's explore that. Why was it politically expedient for them to not free their own, especially, say, at the end of their Presidential terms, when they had retired from politics?

15. CardinalVol

Politically - it was easier to kick can down road.

Personally - they knew it was wrong but the desire for free labor/wealth was stronger.

16. fl0at_

What term do you normally apply to someone who knows something is wrong, but does it anyway, for money?

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Human

Indy likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

Greed? That's probably the easiest.

Hypocrite maybe?

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There’s nothing recent at all about Washington, Jefferson, Grant and Lincoln being revered. Those memorials were built in the 1800s and early 1900s. People, including conservatives, were much more patriotic then than now. Watch some Frank Capra. That’s how most people used to feel. I think that people that take the time to read the history and immerse themselves a bit in those times come out with a very positive view of them, in spite of their sins. Jefferson maybe to a lesser extent. They are flawed but certainly worthy of being celebrated.

20. fl0at_

Really? You hear about a guy robbing a company blindly, and you're like that guy is a greed. Or.. that guy is a hypocrite.

Those are what you say?