POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm pretty mystified by the uncertainty when there is an incumbent.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Because the substance of an interview, no matter the interview, is superficial. It's a snapshot in time that is easily dismissed by the next snapshot, the next interview. It's television. Not politics. People who do good on television will do well. That doesn't make them a good politician. It just makes them good at television.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I saw a poll, and, granted, it was one poll, where they had asked the uncertain voters which way they were leaning and it was about 3-1 for Biden. So, my sense is they are looking to vote for Biden, but want to see more in order to confirm this. It's not surprising, as Trump is a known quantity and I can't imagine people not having an opinion on him, at this point.

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Biden gotta skip the debates and hold fundraisers for the troops IMO.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Debates are Trump's biggest (only?) thing he's got left. He either has to make Biden look like a fool or convince lots of people that this is proof Biden has major issues if debates are canceled.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Interesting take. So what candidate would you have voted for in the last 30 years (even if you were not of age to vote)?

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Interesting. I wonder if someone told him "Uhm, Mr. President, a LOT of elderly vote by mail..."

8. fl0at_

Voting isn't some thing I view as just something to do on a random day, that must be done. I would vote for the person I thought best for the upcoming job, regardless of chance to win, that I wanted to vote for.

And if there weren't any candidates worth while, I wouldn't vote. Because it doesn't have to be done.

I can't sit and go back in time, because I know what the future holds.

And who I vote for is based on who I believe will do the best in the next 4 years, given what will be on the horizon in the next 4 years.

Right now, that is going to be:

1. The tail end pandemic
    2. The mid and tail end of an economic hardship, be it recession or full depression
    3. Job loss, and unemployment
    4. Businesses shutting
    5. The beginning of the reversal of 2, 3 and 4

That is what should be being voted on. Because that is next.

Biden will handle this all combined best, because he has lived through 2-5 in politics, and has experience.

Trump would do #5 best, but not #1-4, and he can't be just tagged in.

If I had to vote, and it had to be between those two, I'd vote Biden. But I don't have to vote, and I'm not limited to those two, regardless.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is there someone you would vote for that isn't even running? It seems you know what you are looking for.

10. fl0at_

No. Which is why I'm not going to vote.

Jesus, how else can I say it? I mean, if there was someone I'd vote for... I'd vote.

I'm not, so it should seem pretty damn clear that there isn't anyone I would vote for.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Has there ever been someone you voted for?

12. fl0at_

Yup.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would really like to know who convinced you to vote for them.

14. fl0at_

I voted for Kori Hamner for school board just two years ago. She didn't win.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'd say on average 60-75% of my ballot is empty each election. If I don't know who the [uck fay] people are in a race I don't vote in it.

16. fl0at_

There are a lot of people that haven't figured out they might see the office differently... if they don't put their guy in it.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2020
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I want more and more interviewers to do just what this guy and Chris Wallace did.

"Why?" "What?" "Who?" His whole imaginary world comes crumbling down with those three simple replies to anything he says.

19. fl0at_

"We're lower than the world?"

Make America Part of Earth Again

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I was dying when we all got a peak at those charts. It looked like he beat up a second grader and stole their math homework.

"Look at this chart comparing 5 different countries. That's everyone in the world."

Part of this is on his incompetent Press Secretary, who can't seem to operate outside of prepared statements, having him go into an interview with this sort of visual to embarrass himself. No doubt he demands it, but he's obviously incapable of demonstrating competency and she could have helped mitigate this even just a bit.