POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's also him misunderstanding what Macron said in regards to the US and its own army to protect itself, of course. His comprehension skills are crap.

I'll also have to note that the reference to WW I is wrong, too. Now, had he said Franco-Prussian War, I would have been impressed.

3. NorrisAlan

CNN suing over Acosta being kicked out and not let back into the press room. I honestly don't think CNN has a leg to stand on here as long as they have access via another reporter.

I cannot get in there, and Acosta has no special rights to be there. Or am I missing something there?

4. Unimane

Yes, but you are not specifically prohibited from being there. I'm guessing their angle is they can't simply ban him because they don't like what he says. It will be an interesting decision.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

People dont like repercussions for actions nowadays, so they sue instead of adapt

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’d guess it’s a first amendment issue.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I believe the Prez holds the unofficial record for playing (or threatening to play) the "sue card".

IIRC, he "suggested" to the British PM (May) that she should sue EU rather than negotiate re: Brexit.

As a VFW, I find his behavior as CiC reprehensible and incompetent. I have no sympathy for him. Karma is a [itch bay].

8. NorrisAlan

But are his 1st Amendment rights violated if he is barred from the room? He isn't in prison. He can still write whatever he wants without danger to himself or his family. Doesn't the White House have the final say as to who they let into their press room? Can the Knoxville News Sentinel demand a spot in the room? I would think not, and that wouldn't be a violation of their 1st amendment rights.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do find the uproar over this a little funny, given that Obama actually went after the press his first term.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I assume they’re suing to find out.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

12. Unimane

This can't be real.

"Washington Post reporter Josh Dawsey followed up on Karni's tweet by adding that "policy time" was instituted by Chief of Staff John Kelly in an effort to get the president to focus on issues.

"It was installed earlier this year... A Kelly creation. It sometimes goes better than others," Dawsey tweeted."

13. NorrisAlan

I believe it. 100% believe it.

14. cpninja

cpninja Member

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fox news has filed an amicus brief in support of cnn.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Just think about all the shit someone could tell you about Trump that would not be at all surprising if you were to tune out for a week.

17. NorrisAlan

This will be an interesting judgment. I am not convinced this is a 1st amendment issue. If he is being disruptive, the White House has to have the ability to remove him from the press room.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Because they know it can be flipped on them just as easily.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Doesn't sound like they are seeking Amnesty.

SAN DIEGO -- People on the Mexican side of the border could be seen climbing the fence near Border Field State Park Tuesday afternoon after part of the Central American migrant caravan arrived in Tijuana.

Several people scaled the fence and sat on top of it. A few jumped or crawled to openings in the fence onto U.S. soil...

https://fox5sandiego.com/2018/11/13/video-shows-group-climbing-on-border-fence/

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Weird. They're only 5.5 miles from a port of entry. Someone just needs to show them the way.