President Trump Administration and Russia

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 2, 2017.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Devin Nunes, in a press conference, just said he doesn't believe Obama put a "tapp" on Trump Tower.....

Then goes on to talk about taking Trump's tweets literally or not...

4. JayVols

5. JayVols

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Yawn, puppet shows are for kids right?

The courts could push us into a constitutional crisis.
    NK is run by a nutcase.
    Former pen and phone in chief Zer0 let China militarize international waters.
    WWIII is on the slow burner in the ME thanks to a foreign policy WORSE that Bush 43s.
    The UN is trying to back Israel into a corner.
    This is a nuclear state with something called the Samson Doctrine/option.
    Eurabia is well on the path of cultural and demographic destruction and libtards want to have the same policies here.

Ignore the idiots behind the curtain and focus on the clown in the WH, the tweeterverse, and libtards bent on burning down the house after losing the election.

Did I mention that we are 20T in debt, have ~200T in unfunded liabilities, want gubmint to micromanage 1/6 of the economy with HC and while we are broke and the world is on fire our military is in need of repair.

7. JayVols

So the Constitution is a puppet show?

Good to know your views. I can now apply the appropriate weight to your comments.

Btw, I don't recall seeing you until recently. If I missed previous posts, I apologize. If not, welcome to the 8th.

8. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

The constitution? I though this thread was about Trump and Russia. Its more like Shakespeare...Much Ado about Nothing. Oh and I didnt vote for the clown. I am an Xer and a Reaganite if that helps you. As for zer0 well mr executive order had a pen and a phone and did a lot to subvert the separation of powers. Let Trump actually do what the law allows which is cut off immigration for any group for any reason and some tin horn dictator in a black dress gets his gavel all bent out of shape. If congress aka the Rinos grow a set this could be good as the federal courts jurisdictions are set by congress and I would love to see these guys cut off at the knees and their scope limited to its original intent. They would be drawing checks to sit there and play cards most days as local courts would handle most things and immigration wouldn't even be in their purview for review.

As for being here well I have been around for years. I came over from I believe it was the VolsB*tch site or whatever it was called.

I spent most of my time on VQs poliforum until Hubbs shut it down over the complaints of a NYT editor/leftist/vol alum.

I ran a forum over on freeboards until that same guy got us canned from there. I allow free speech for the most part. A lot of these boards have a policy stating that they can shut you down for no reason and dont and wont give you one.

I currently run a board over on yuku but its a shell of the old days as the destruction has taken its toll.

I post here infrequently and mostly on FB threads...and I like to see what Majors called the Legion of the Miserable have to say about the state of the FB program...

Kiffin was a POS who I defended while he was here.
    I was never sold on Dooley.
    I like Fulmer but felt he needed to go.
    I like Butch but dont know if he can get it done.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If only Republicans were in power, they could fix it.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think if you don't know if Butch can get it done by now, you're probably the type that claims you don't like a guy only when he's already heading out the door. He can't get "it" done, if by "it" we mean "win a championship." And if that isn't what "it" means, well, why talk about football at all?

11. JayVols

First, my welcome was sincere and stands.

Second, when the head of the NSC was on the take from a foreign govt, Turkey that we know 100%, we've got issues, Constitutional issues. The Emoluments or Exclusion Clause also applies to retired military. From the Department of Defense website (it's a pdf file & I'm not tech saavy enough to link it):

Therefore, yes, taking money as an agent of a foreign govt by retired military without Congressional consent like Flynn has himself admitted is a violation of the Constitution. Today, reports have surfaced that he has also taken money from the Russian govt in his speech to RT, which was labeled an arm of the Russian govt in 2012 while Flynn was still at his post as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency. He was well aware of RT's classification. Therefore in addition to being in violation of the US Constitution, he is also in violation of Army regulations for not reporting this as Army officials have confirmed there is no record that he has filed anything with the Army. Also and most seriously, today questions arose whether or not he reported the payments from RT (and Turkey) on his SF86 Security Clearance forms for his position as head of the NSC. That's a felony. So, yeah. This is about Russia & the Trump Administration (thread title doesn't say just Trump) unlike your aside (read attack) on the Judiciary and immigration.

I'm an Xer as well. I appreciate your comments on the immigration situation and our Judicial branch even though they had nothing to do with Russia, an offense you accused me of in the above quoted post. I now have a firm grasp of your views based off the angle of your statements. It's always good to know that information when in such discussions. Back to off topic stuff, that's ok as I often get off topic in threads myself.

12. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Ok I didn't know that was the angle you were taking with Flynn. But Flynn isn't there anymore.

As for being and Xer and going off topic, I was in Barnes and Noble today and saw a book titled "Millennials vs. Boomers: Listen, Learn, and Succeed Together" and was totally miffed. Us Xers are next in line not the millennials. Of course it might actually be a sort of compliment that we were excluded since we arent the messed up 60s crowd or the modern slacker set that changes jobs like socks. My parents were Silent generation so holding Boomers in contempt is easy for me. My daughter is at the tail end of the slackers uhm I mean millennials. I hope I wear off on her.

13. JayVols

He isn't, but he was part of the Administration with all this baggage. Bill Ayers was never in Obamas Admin, but that never stopped anyone from tying the two together. Just sayin'.

I'd never make a good Millennial. I hate hipsters.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Generalizations tend to be stupid, regardless of ilk.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Media keeps trying to associate Trump with Russia. Lester Holt just started a story with - "For more on the possible Russian connections that the FBI may be looking into..."

That is some hard hitting news right there.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, we know they are investigating. Is reporting on a confirmed investigation a problem? Looks like they're being careful not to assume what is exactly being investigated and whether there is actually wrong-doing.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Btw, the media is only reporting on allegations brought on by him asking Russia to look for emails, and having staff and cabinet with frequent and sometimes profitable contact with Russia. This didn't get mixed together and grown in a media lab. Flynn tracked shit onto the carpet, at the known and indisputable minimum

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

While I no more believe that his Primary remarks regarding Russia and "looking for emails" constitutes collusion - or anything more than just a stupidly and unnecessarily made remark - than I think Obama's singing a few bars of Al Green's "I'm so in love with you..." at his rally was his auditioning for The Pips.

But I agree with the rest, in general.

I will offer this, merely for honest consideration, that it was AG Sessions who gave Comey the stated permission to publicly speak about an on-going investigation, and I think it's more than fair to assume that the White House was consulted and agreed to his doing so, prior to granting it.

I do not believe that any collusion between Trump's camp and Russian officials occurred (I'm still not sure what the outcome would be if any occurred, at all, however inconsequential / substantive, but that's already and well-ploughed ground) and can't fathom that Trump or his camp believe it occurred either, or they would have never given Comey such permission.

Just my $.02

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he didn't know about Flynn, there could be more he doesn't know. If he knew about Flynn but didn't see it as significant, what else might have been deemed insignificant.

I don't think it is arguable that his campaign didn't know what WikiLeaks had when they were saying something big wax coming days in advance. So how did they know that? Were they talking to only assange? Why? I'm not saying trump knows anything. There are a lot of of things to that sequence, whether anything illegal occurred or not.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

And if there isn't an independent investigation, I doubt anything would be found even if there is anything to find. Comey already broke normal protocol in the days before the election. He doesn't have the air of impartiality to me.