Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Spring race was really good, and with this being a non-points event, it might get really interesting watching them race for the cash only.

If was stupid I’d take my camper up there, because a couple of nights with full hook ups is about the same price as most private campgrounds and I’m dying to take it to the track. However, we already have a reservation the following weekend and I’m not sure I want to drag it all over East Tennessee that week.

Anyway, this should be fun. $35-$65 is cheap as shit with 30k allowed. I’ll be curious to see where my ticket ends up. Full details here:

https://www.bristolmotorspeedway.co...l-star-race-moves-bristol-motor-speedway.html

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've wanted the All-Star race at Bristol for a long time. I've always felt like a short track would be better for an all or nothing thing like the All-Star race instead of the leader running around 2 seconds ahead of everyone at Charlotte. It's my luck that when they finally move it to Bristol, I'll be at the beach and can't go.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Running it on a Wednesday night?

Sure, why not.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Same here. I think the teams really resisted moving it from Charlotte since it gives everybody a break from the road for 2 weeks in the middle of the season. But NASCAR has always had their eye on doing something else, and the first chance they got - WE’RE OUT!!

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, seems like there has been talk of moving it around for as long as I can remember, but it just never came to be. I recall reading and hearing rumors about it for a long time.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m just...really struggling to understand why Dale Jr. is a Hall of Famer. Right now.

7. CardinalVol

Last name IMO.

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He was destined to be in the HOF the day he got a cup ride, results be damned.

justingroves likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

Whoever hung the noose in Bubba's garage better have hell to pay.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i have to think they are going to find out real quick who did it given the security around that place.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

At least a chance it wasn't put there by an actual racist but someone on the hard left trying to further stir the pot. That's happened before from both sides. We'll see. What a mess this country is in

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its often just a few idiots [uck fay]ing it up for everybody. Im confident theres a klansman on a crew somewhere. Who isnt going to do a damn thing except try to scare someone, anonymously. People suck. Got to quit letting the really bad ones inflict so much damage somehow.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Because it's the Hall of Fame rather than the Hall of Accomplishments.

That's all I got.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's hard for me to believe that it is someone associated with Nascar/the track that placed the noose, not because there may not be anyone capable, but because everyone involved knows how closely they monitor the garages. A couple of questions I have is if they are maintaining the same level of monitoring/security while fans aren't in the garage areas due to Covid and would it be possible for a local hick to get into the facility to place an item in the garage.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wonder if they will give him back his exercise equipment once they identify him?

dknash likes this.
  16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

more than a chance IMO

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is why i assume they will find out quickly who did it

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I doubt there are too many hard lefties around nascar garages in the south.
    Either some clown who is a racist hater or part of Bubbas crew doing it for drama. Imo.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

doesn't have to be a hardcore lefty. could be someone wanting to make a national story and get their piece of the BLM pie.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The odds say it would be a racist asshole being a racist asshole. There’s plenty more of of them in NASCAR than there are liberal assholes just trying to get a piece of the liberal pie.