Recruiting.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Jun 2, 2013.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Perfect. Now if Coach can get Looney on board, this class will be great.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

By all accounts, it went as well as you'd hope. It's my understanding that he will announce his decision on Halloween day.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

A day synonymous with orange.

Coincidence? Not bloody likely.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Looney announces next week on Halloween.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Predictions?

How big / important is this guy to us?

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No prediction, but this is a big time recruit. Tobias Harris level big.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe Hat described it as the difference between a good class and a great class. I interpret that to mean he is the difference between being a top 25 type team and a legitimate top 15 team.

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I have no idea. It's between us and Duke though.

9. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

A lot think he's one and done. Would be a big time recruiting job if we beat out Duke and Michigan St for him

10. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Duke is in on another highly rated player at Looney's position. Most agree that, if those were the only 2 schools, he's probably a Vol. Unfortunately, you have Mich. St. and Izzo's record of success to overcome. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I've read multiple times that its Duke/UT battle.

12. hatvol96

Reid Travis to announce November 8th. That removes the possibility of him choosing Duke helping UT's cause with Looney.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Let me see if I've got this straight. Reid Travis won't choose Duke, but that helps UT in the battle to land Looney? Or he's not choosing Duke so that removes the possibility of helping us with Looney.

14. hatvol96

He's not choosing anyone before Looney's announcement on Halloween. Thus, that eliminates the possibility of him choosing Duke and aiding UT's cause.

15. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Been a tough one to handicap. Lots of people saying Duke but they've not been overly active (it seems) since his visit and they seem to be putting a lot in Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow, Reid Travis. Keep hearing lots of Tennessee talk and I've kind of been leaning there for a while. Unless something new comes up, still would give a slight UT edge. Has been some Florida talk lately but seems like they are more in with Devin Robinson.

Robinson, Looney for sure on Wednesday and Thursday and talk that D. Booker, J. Blackmon and T. Lyles could all decide by week's end as well. It's nut cuttin time.

-Bossi

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm ready for All Hallow's eve.

17. hatvol96

Devin Robinson to Florida. That should end all the peripheral chatter about them being a darkhorse pick for Looney.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

ESPN Insider predicts Looney picks Tennessee over Duke.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Huge if true

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Rob Lewis from VQ says there is not a lot of credible info out there tonight, but his feeling off what he thinks is the most credible leads him to think its UT vs UF.....tifwiw