Recruiting.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Jun 2, 2013.

1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Looney tweeted that the Wisc HS Athletics board has now told him he can't hold a presser today? Whaa?

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Moved to 3pm ET/2pm CT. Doesn't seem like anyone thinks it's us.

Re-moved to 2 ET/1 CT.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well let's hope I come back from lunch to some good news

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Bunch of people predicted him to UF today.

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

From what I understand, UF and Duke both saved their last official visit with Looney until this week and TN used there several weeks ago?

6. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

UCLA for Looney

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Lol.

Must have got a big ass check.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Have they even been mentioned until today?

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I guess he wanted to surpass Andrew Wiggins with the WTF? factor of his announcement.

11. hatvol96

Not really. Can't remember a recruitment where essentially nobody picked the correct destination.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Does every piece of news that comes down the wire seem like a referendum on Cuonzo to anyone else? Or just me.

13. CardinalVol

I don't follow bball recruiting that closely, but I thought it was a three team race.

Huh?

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Referendum on his ultimate success/failure at Tennessee, ie we didn't get Looney and now I'm somewhat pessimistic about Cuonzo's ability to take Tennessee to a consistent NCAA team.

15. CardinalVol

Ah, gotcha.

One reason I never follow recruiting closely, especially in basketball and becoming increasingly so in football, is because you are dealing with 15-19 year old males who are usually heavily influenced by men who don't necessarily have the player's best interest at heart, even though I have no idea if that is the case here.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Apparently Jerry Meyer was the only person who had UCLA as a factor to land this kid.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Unfortunate to lose Looney. This makes this year's class pretty pedestrian thus far, unless Martin can pick off some top talent in the spring.

18. hatvol96

This class will be Top 20-30.

19. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

Not ending up in Gainesville is kind of a consolation prize for me. Either way, it was a wild ride, and I'm not that upset by the decision. He would have been some sweet unexpected icing on the cake.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's an OK class. So far, I don't think it replaces what we lose and this is a fairly critical recruiting year. We need something more than a top 30 class.