Scathing article on 60 minutes crew arrested in Lebanon

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Apr 16, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a historical fact that many were. You said there weren't internments in Japan. There were 17 camps.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the others were opened for like a month. know your history a little please.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Try years. You've gotten your ass handed to you on this. Have a little grace.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Of the seventeen sites that were associated with the history of internment in Hawaiʻi during World War II, the camp was the only one built specifically for prolonged detention

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honouliuli_Internment_Camp

You've gotten your ass handed to you on this. Have a little grace.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Keep reading:

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how does this contradict my statement at all?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://hawaiiinternment.org/untold-story/untold-story
    http://hawaiiinternment.org/untold-story/chronology-world-war-ii-hawaiʻi-internees
    Here's a book and DVD where you can learn all the things you don't know on the topic: http://www.jcch.com/index.php/news/..._of_japanese_americans_in_hawaii_dvd_release

Or is Yasutaro Soga a [dadgum]ed liar who doesn't know as much about Hawaii and Japanese internment as you do?

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, to summarize your logic, whites are privileged because the government didn't target them? So that's a privilege now?

The IRS targeted tea party groups. I'm expecting the progressive privilege problem/situation/conspiracy to be roundly denounced soon.

A guy I know is dealing with an alleged situation where an illegal immigrant backed into his truck. Local police basically refused to fill out a report on the matter. Should there be outcry over illegal privilege?

The secretary where I work drives a Lexus. I drive a 15 year old ford truck, and the boss drives a 10 year old Toyota. That secretary privilege is going to do us in.

Before you post it. I know I don't get it. I try not to be racist in thought and action, so I probably never will.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which statement? The one that said there were no camps at all in Hawaii, the one where you said they were only suspected collaborators and POW's, or the one where you said citizens were only interned for a few months? See, your statements themselves are contradictory so it is hard to understand how any statement would not contradict your statements. They're already in contradiction.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You see nothing. Got it.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no said those other 16 camps were only in operation for a few months. and it's absolutely true that the people interned in Hawaii were Japanese nationals suspected as collaborators which is why it was only a few hundred of the tens of thousands of Japanese nationals and Japanese americans who lived on the Hawaiian islands at the time.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just in case this was missed by you, IP. I am honestly wanting to hear your take on it, or anyone else's for that matter.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's certainly a liar if he's saying he wasn't interned because he was a suspected collaborator. do you have any idea what sort of pro Japanese rhetoric the Japanese newspapers at the time were spewing? some even supported a Japanese invasion of Hawaii. why pray tell did they pick him out of the other tens of thousands of people available?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Transcontinental railroad among others?

The Chinese were treated with just as much malice and disdain as African slaves.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

also decades of anti Asian immigration laws.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The Japanese still deny the Rape of Nanking and practically any complicity whatsoever in any mistreatment of POW's, Korean comfort women or any other war crimes... Hell, that part of history is hardly taught at all in Japanese schools and even when it is, it's distorted as a mother****er...

(Cue IP to come in and tell
    me how wrong I am and that I "just don't get it"...)

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

http://www.ijreview.com/2016/04/588812-harriett/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=ods&utm_term=ijamerica&utm_content=politics

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let's not pretend like the Clint Eastwood character in Gran Torino is some crazy anomaly here. The Japanese had plenty of people hate them here in the USA for a good many years. And there most certainly was an organized action against them. No mention of said action needing to be equivalent to slavery was made until after the internment camps were mentioned.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd also argue it happening 100 years later makes it a tad more relevant to today.