SEC Network

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Double taxing the fans? Taxes pay for stadiums? In the SEC?

News to me.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I thought it was pretty funny. As though every new espn network doesn't already make the fans pay double for what they are already getting . That's kind of the point of the thing

4. CardinalVol

I'm actually fairly offended that Comcast doesn't think we southerners know if our tax dollars support our college teams. Now, anything else is up for discussion, but by God we know how athletics are funded.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm pretty sure a lot of people still think their tuition goes/went to athletics

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

In a roundabout way it does at a lot of universities. The "general education fund" helps a lot of athletic departments that run in the red

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Was referring to UT

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Except at Tennessee, where the athletic department pays into the general fund

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seriously? UTAD is still profitable?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

This is why I laugh at vnation when they say the ad is poor. At my school we take a million a year from the general fund so we can support the rich white sports. Women's lacrosse is considered on par with basketball according to the administration. It's insane.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

didn't the AD reclaim/rescind/Indian give*/whatever that money to pay for the Butch Jones hire? If so, when/how long was/is that effective?

*possibly racist?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They stopped writing big checks back but turned around and started tearing down Gibbs and Stokely

13. The AD did it because they were $4M the red in 2012.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_giver

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

16. CardinalVol

It's official, JOK is a racist.

$2.5M fine for being associated with this site. If he pays it, the mods will overlook it and give him a stern warning.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Faculty come from other schools, though. Believe me, I spent all of my undergrad and master's correcting that point with evidence to any faculty I encountered who said otherwise. And they were convinced.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I find that stuff fascinating. Out here, there were trapper forts where mountain men and natives could bring furs and exchange them for supplies and comforts. That natives had to use a separate entrance that was essentially antechamber closed off from the fort proper because they would attempt to "steal" anything not nailed down. Well, they weren't really "stealing," they were attempting to help the whites barter because they thought the whites were just kind of morons for only offering a few beads for pelts, so they were trying to show them they needed to offer more. And of course as we know, many whites thought natives were idiots that were happy with a few beads in exchange.

Cultural miscommunication.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

All I ever needed to know, I learned in kindergarten and on 8thMaxim.com

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Ha!