Semi annual volnation thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Mar 28, 2013.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Did Fulmer "predict" a bowl game or did he say that we should "expect" a bowl game. I thought he said something more along the lines of the UT program should expect a bowl game at the least.

2. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I've not ventured over there in over a year. Is it 1998 over there again after the win Sunday night?

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Not quite but apparently Worley is awesome now, Hurd is soft and Vollygirl is still a dumbass.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How is Hurd soft?

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

GL, you're growing on me...

Like a fungus. I kid. I kid.

That......place.....sucks. And yes, vollygirl is eat up with the worst kind of the dumbass. She thinks she knows everything about everything and wants everyone to know jyst how smart she thinks she is. Give her hell for me. I'd appreciate it. Just link any good exchanges if you don't mind.

6. JayVols

Because the people that said it are f'n stoooopid.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and her response to anyone pointing out her idiocy is to pull the "true fan" card.

8. punkcat

punkcat Member

About as dumb as a squirrel.

9. JayVols

Or the ban hammer....

See VN's JayVols circa 2012... May he rest in peace.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's a good question. If anything, he actively looks for someone to hit instead of running by people

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I've never been on VN, but I'd have to imagine a lot of those people are dumb enough to see Hurd's YPC from the game and base their opinion on that and not consider that our scheme or lack thereof made it impossible for him to go very far.

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

For a long time, I thought VN was a good place, but the herd mentality, as I'm sure has all ready mentioned, has become rather absurd.

A few years ago, I posted my email address on VN to sell some football tickets. Someone here from the 8th saw my post and advertised why I should check out the 8th. I was kind of irritated someone seemingly tried to solicit something when I was just trying to sell tickets, and kind of told him to go **** himself. Looking back, it was probably Tenacious D. If so, sorry, Tenny. If it makes you feel any better, I wish I would've joined back when you stalked my email. It's refreshing not to encounter the "true fan" or "negavol" idiocy in every thread.

For me, the best parts here are the wit and intelligence presented in every unfiltered, differing opinion.

With all that said, I look forward to chirping in another 5 times in the next 6 months.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My favorite thing about VN is when they compare black QBs. Doesn't matter if it's Vick and Culpepper, they have the same skill set.

14. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

VN was an awesome place until about 2011 or so when the community just got way too big. I have to say I enjoyed it over there when it was a smaller forum, but since then the quality has gone down with the influx of so many "go vawls" type posters. It's still a good place for information, but I prefer to be here for more level headed and intelligent discussion. There are still some good contributors over there (GaVol, Vader, some others) but they are extremely few and far between now.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I just saw this, and apologize for the belated reply.

It definitely was not me, as I haven't been back there since we left. Not under an alias, or even just to lurk.

Had it been me, and you told me to **** off, I would have thought that to be hilarious.

Post often.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They have the kind of board that they want - and it's an undoubtedly popular model.

We have the type of board that we want - and it tends to naturally attract or repel its own type of poster.

17. GahLee

It stemmed from his first attempt at pass protection. He was flat footed and stationary and a charging LB blew his ass up and pushed him back so far he almost hit Worley. The guy claimed he soft because of it. I mentioned that it was more technique and that he probably underestimated his man because he's not used to the size and speed of other players yet.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He did get blown up. He was pretty good pass at blocking after the first 2 drives. He also had the block that sprung Pig on his td run

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That makes sense. Not a lot of true frosh RB's are gonna be good pass protecters.

20. GahLee

He'll do just fine. I don't care what team you're playing, you can stand with your heels on the ground and expect to block a guy going balls out. He adjusted after the fact.