Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I haven't slept late since my son was born 7 years ago. At first, it was because he was waking me up. Now, it's because my body is trained to wake up early every damn day.

Going out of town this weekend with no kid, I'll still wake up, workout/run, shower, and eat breakfast before my wife even thinks about waking up.

Edit: I'm up to midnight-1:00 every night, too, so waking up early isn't because I go to bed early.

justingroves likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is a picture from Maryville College yesterday in an area that is not usually a lake.

[​IMG]

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

.I dont think I've slept past 5 am in 20 years. Doesnt mean I wont steak a catnap or 4

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We went to the Robert Earl Keene and Tyler Childers concert last night at the Ryman. It let out around 11 and it was snowing. It was a drunk party around that place.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Downtown is nuts. Friend and I went down 2 saturday afternoons ago, were walking down 1st and walk up to a new all windows bar on the corner and there are literally 200 25-45 year old women in there and maybe 20 dudes. So of course we kept going and went to the free arcade if you drink bar as planned and set Galaga high score. These new generations suck at Galaga

6. CardinalVol

Tomorrow we get round 2.....3.....4.....something.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I played 27 holes of golf, in shorts, broke a sweat, had to cruise around on the cart to cool off today

8. CardinalVol

Happy 25th anniversary to the great ice storm of 1994 all my West TN friends!

justingroves likes this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Kids got out of school today, and I had a delayed start at work for wind. That was a first. I'll say it was pretty windy. On my way home from work, my car almost got blown into the opposing lane of traffic once during a large gust.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Everyone stocked up on milk and bread? Really coming down. Likely will be snowed in for days.

11. CardinalVol

We are doomed. Doomed I tell you.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Already preparing my kids for our next meal. Shit, I mean, preparing our next meal for my kids.

SetVol13 likes this.
  13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It was 3,000 degrees here today.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

EF-3 tornado ripped through Nashville tonight, 1 block from my house in East Nashville. Scariest [uck fay]ing thing I've ever experienced. Luckily I was awake and got my kids and wife covered in a closet. Huge amounts of damage, destroyed buildings, flipped over cars, trees fallen everywhere. Luckily, the family and house are safe.

SetVol13, chavisut, MaconVol and 4 others like this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Glad to hear you all are safe.

Unimane likes this.
  16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Most important thing is you guys are safe, it's not easy to be that scared in front of your kids sometimes.

Unimane likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Damn, hope there was no loss of life. Glad to hear you are OK, my friend.

EDIT: 5 death being reported.

Unimane likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

Glad you are ok man. This was a bad one.

Unimane likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The pictures I’m seeing are absolutely terrible. I don’t even know what to say other than I hope the impact on lives is as minimal as possible.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Wow - glad you’re safe.