So hilary apparent used a personal email account

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Mar 3, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wait a minute. their voting records all were left of any other senator. how is this my opinion? there are organizations that track this you know? and what was bush right wing about? list it.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

it's going to be glossed over by a complicit larger media. She has a long past of plausible deniability and hidden docs. I'm not sure why anyone trusts her as far as they can punt her.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the one that never gets mentioned is how she turned $6,300 into $100K while trading cattle futures and did it in 10 months.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

She knows the cattle market inside and out

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

obviously missed her calling

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Discounting the argument of whether they actually are the most liberal in the Senate, that doesn't make them "far left". It would just make them more liberal than the collection of people within the Senate. I mean, you realize that one of the main criticisms of Obama by liberals is that he hasn't been liberal enough for their tastes? Warren being the most liberal senator is very debatable, but she certainly is the most visible liberal senator.

8. Unimane

They aren't that far left in American politics, at all. They are solidly left, but the idea that they are far, far left is an easier package to sell by their opposition. The Senate doesn't have much on the House in terms of far left or right anyway. That's where you'll see more of the true crazies.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remember Bush's tax refund? Wealth redistribution. You're a very smart guy. You can frame anyone and anything however you'd like to.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

these are massively liberal people, only tempered by the system that won't allow this to become Euro central.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't think I understand. I'm saying framing someone as left relative to the world has almost nothing to do with the American left.

Bush's tax refund? Was it framed?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You called Putin Left. I'm saying why stop there?

13. Unimane

Massively liberal compared to you and dros, among others here, yes. Warren is pretty liberal, but the system wasn't exactly holding her back by forcing her to vote against the estate tax.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

all of them have their positions moderated by the practical reality of the math involved in getting their agenda met. Obama is as left as an electable American could possibly be. With legit vetting and requirements for actually having done something prior to becoming a movie star politician, he's not even electable. The idea of Obama is much more electable than the actual man, who sucks from almost every angle I can think of.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Of course he's left, relative to American politics. Maybe you've actually stumbled onto the point. Left and right only apply to a particular context.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The subtext to any "far left" or "far right" descriptions is that they are "extreme" and not viable/reasonable. But that subtext isn't always accurate if you only look at them within particular contexts.

17. Unimane

Get real. It didn't matter what Obama accomplished or anything of that sort to you. What you "can think of", i.e. your opinion on his politics, would determine whether or not you think he sucks and characterization of him, but not necessarily for everyone else.

And, those in Congress aren't exactly moderating their political positions nor being very practical in terms of getting their agendas met, so I don't buy that argument for Warren's vote.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

relative to American politics, Putin is far left. I presume you're going to argue otherwise?

19. Unimane

Based upon my anecdotal evidence and observations, anyone who is to the left automatically becomes "extreme" left. Once you veer over that middle line, the drop off is severe.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Obama half assed a book that he was paid an advance for, pretended to be an attorney, became an adjunct law professor (read: can't practice law), met his soul mates and started rabble rousing his way into a Senate seat. That shouldn't be electable. Screw his politics. He's exactly the piece of garbage now inhabiting politics. All aren't down to his level of hollow career, but many are. I don't like Clinton's politics, but he was qualified to be the boss, IMO.

Warren is just a lying sack of crap.