So hilary apparent used a personal email account

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

This woman is nothing but a hypocrite.

[video=youtube;_DCwmYHr-_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DCwmYHr-_M[/video]

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that's because you can't read. I don't call Harry Reid extreme left. I call him extreme stupid. Warren and Obama, they're extreme left. That stupid ass actually said "bottom up economics." There isn't a more extreme position.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does that mean trickle-down is extreme? I'm guessing "no." But if that worked, I'd think the economy would be booming with the upper folks doing as well as they are.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if the republicans elected the most conservative senator in congress you wouldn't consider him far right? yes I hear the he hasn't been liberal enough garbage and I laugh my ass off.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm sorry did I wake up in a world where our tax system wasn't massively progressive?

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You are arguing that far left or right is a matter of comparison between a select group of people, not an actual ideological position. Whether or not I would consider the most conservative senator far right is immaterial. The real question is would I be correct. In comparison with this board, I'm pretty much the furthest left of anyone here. That doesn't automatically make me Che Guevara.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not progressive enough, because I woke up in a world where the wealthy are doing great while we run a deficit, hold a mountain of debt, and have people homeless and starving.

But I know, you think that's absurd.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But that isn't on the wealthy. Our government already spends enough on the poor to make them among the wealthy, if the money actually went to them. We're also not in debt because the rich aren't paying enough.

9. Low Country Vol

The middle class is getting eaten alive by the progressive tax. You combine federal, state and individual property taxes and it exceeds 50 percent in total taxes in some states. The wealthy ones including Soros, Romney and Buffett pay minimal income taxes. They have earned their income through investing.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Depending on how you're defining wealthy, I don't think wealthy people as a whole are doing as well as you think.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

a select group of elected officials. people who represent the party. it's not as though we are talking about some local councilmen.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

by definition the wealthy are doing better than the homeless or starving otherwise they wouldn't be wealthy.

do you seriously think that higher tax rates for the rich would help the income divide given the fact that the poor already aren't paying income taxes?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sarcasm?

the middle class pays nothing close to 50% in total taxes anywhere. and I guarantee the effective tax rates of the people you just listed are far higher than the average middle class family. buffett would be well over 20% himself federal if he didn't have huge charitable donations. the year before last he was at 17% which is still much higher than someone making $50K a year.

[​IMG]

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

hold up. entitlements somehow is no longer the largest budget spend? when did our ridiculous tax code have anything to do with the stupidity of leveraging the future for current vote buying? did I miss something there?

15. Low Country Vol

im paying 33 percent plus 7 percent in state and 10k a year in property tax. It about 50 percent for me and i am no where near rich. I was referring to Buffett paying a bulk of his income via capital gains tax.

16. Low Country Vol

im paying 33 percent plus 7 percent in state and 10k a year in property tax and FICA. It's about 50 percent for me and i am no where near rich. I was referring to Buffett paying a bulk of his income via capital gains tax.

17. Low Country Vol

im in the 35 tax bracket percent plus 7 percent in state and 10k a year in property tax (house and auto), 10 percent local sales tax and FICA. It is substantial for me and i am no where near rich. I was referring to Buffett paying a bulk of his income via capital gains tax.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Do you not get to deduct the state income from your federal? I could when I lived in CT. And surely you have enough deductions that you are not paying the full 35%?

Not saying that your taxes are not high, I am sure they are.

I have a question, though: If taxes suddenly fell to 5-10% for everyone, or some such tiny number, wouldn't all of that sudden new income (it would be new, because we have always paid a ton in taxes and have never had that money) just get gobbled up in inflation?

19. Low Country Vol

You are correct. I do have deductions that i itemize which brings down my burden a small amount. My Schedule A deductions are capped when i hit the threshhold for AGI and that includes Mortgage Interest, income and property taxes that i have paid locally.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you are in the 35 percent tax bracket that means you make over $400K a year. That ain't middle class. the capital gains rate is now 20%.