South Carolina Primary

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JT5, Feb 20, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hate Megyn Kelley's butch haircut.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

She's a beautiful woman with an unfortunate haircut. Let us be strong in these trying times.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Something that both sides can agree with.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

She has hair. From my perspective that's a win.

5. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

And bush likely wins without Perot in the race.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It sounds like Cruz, and the rest, are losing to Trump amongst Evangelical voters.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't understand that group.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

So you're an au naturel man, I see.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Looks like many of them consider other things more important than how well a candidate would behave at church. I view that as a small positive.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like what, in this instance? What other more important things are a positive?

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I got 2008 and 2012, especially, right because I learned from my complete failure to understand what was happening in 2004. This election, though, is a lot more difficult to gain traction upon because the candidates are, basically, very poor or fringe candidates. Trump is also the wild card. It remains to be seen if he can gain more support than the core constituents he has already, as controversial polarizers like him usually don't garner much support from the middle ground group. If there were a charismatic candidate of the mainstream, then he would, likely, be toast. Were he running against W. or, in the general election against a Bubba or Obama, he would be thrashed. But, this year is so weak, it's still a free flowing situation.

If I had to make a choice, I think the likely scenario is Clinton and Trump with Hillary winning a close election. Living on the edge, I know.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Obama's record is plenty to garner centrist voters.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Clinton is far too damaged to win the general.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess what we need to know is, who would be her vice president, because that will be our president after senate impeaches her?

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't follow politics as closely as you guys, but doesn't this go in cycles, liberals have it their way for 8-12 years until the conservatives get tired of being effed, then they band together for 8-12 years until the liberals get sick of it?

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I meant positive in sense that maybe, just maybe, the GOP is moving away from being hell bent on having an "Evangelical" president. I view Trump's support among self-described Evangelicals as indication that it's not as important as it once was, or maybe he is just an outlier.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sure Lucifer, least that is what her contract with him says.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Kinda. Congress (at least one house) was D for a few decades after FDR gave away the house, but it does move now.

19. Unimane

Not really. He's hovering at around a 50% approval rating at the moment. Any sense that Obama is poison among the vacillating moderates isn't well founded. You're trying to see this from your own perspective too much.

20. Unimane

The center of power is a lot more volatile recently with power switching back and forth, depending on the mood of the country, which group is more motivated, etc. There seems to be a regular backlash against the party of the current sitting president at the first mid-term elections of a presidency.