Summer Olympics 2016: Rio

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NorrisAlan, Jun 2, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They are awarding future ad revenues, or injuring future cash flow. You presume this advertisers are stupid. They aren't trading premium ad for empty space.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

What? Have you lost your mind? Can you imagine happiness when they couldn't beat 4 years ago with more favorable time slots, more costs by 40% and terrible demographic showings? Beating shows from 8 years ago is a worthless comparison. Nothing is priced like it was then. I'm telling you they didn't do well.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He over-exaggerated.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have read that they paid $50 after he hit and damaged this sign:

[​IMG]

I have also read that they paid $400; who knows at this point.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Summer Olympics are the lowest-rated and least-watched since 2000

NBC is touting its coverage of the 2016 Summer Olympics as the “most successful media event in history.” And to be sure, the massive effort the company put into live streaming and digital efforts from Rio de Janeiro paid off pretty well.

But in terms of TV ratings? Not so much. The games end as the lowest-rated and least-watched Summer Olympics since 2000.

Whatever metric NBC is using to uphold its “most successful” claim isn’t clear. ..

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...he-lowest-rated-and-least-watched-since-2000/

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hopefully this will get them to stop showing shit 4 hours tape delayed on the west coast

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's ridiculous in the internet age.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's soley why I watched almost zero olympic coverage

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Russia banned from the Paralympic games. Damn, that's cold.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That still kills me. How serious do you need to be about winning medals if you are juicing for the Paralympics? I swear, we are about one or two cycles away from a sudden surge in Russians winning events in the Special Olympics.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Title IX doping. Dope everyone equally.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Phelps and Bolt retiring certainly won't help moving forward.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The premier sporting event in the world was held in Brazil... Two years ago.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Oh look. It's a soccer joke.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I admittedly don't know the revenue for each event, but I have little doubt the World Cup brought in far more tourists.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I laughed.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Why?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

In my experience, he laughs when someone makes a correct statement. So congrats.