Super Bowl L

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cotton, Jan 25, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2 years ago. That was the bad snap.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm pretty sure I hit a safety prop bet a year or two ago, bet a dollar, won something like 75ish.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wasn't there some huge contest where a store gave away a ton of free merchandise if the opening kickoff was a TD, then the Bears actually did it in 2006?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The two I'd go with are Carolina leading each quarter and Newton scoring first if I were a betting fellow and had the opportunity.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Am I the only one who thinks people are way too confident in the Panthers?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've had that feeling as well

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The big question is are the Panthers overly confident?

Personally, I think the Bronco's defense will be tougher than the Panthers think they are.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think people are reading too much into the way they've won in the playoffs. They didn't blow teams out all season, and I like the Broncos if they can keep it close.

Yeah, and I think Manning will be ready to go. He's rested and has had a solid playoff performance thus far. If he can protect the football, I see them winning. I think the D will turn Cam over.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm starting to feel that way. It's not like the Broncos are a bad team that got hot in the playoffs. If the Miller and Ware can get to Cam, then I think it will be a good game and the Broncos will have a real good shot at winning.

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I think people think the Panthers will score more than they will, and they'll be in the low 20s. But I do think they're a much better team.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think the Panthers have the better team in paper, but yeah, I don't get the overhype.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I saw someone on TV say the Panthers win this game 8 out of 10 times, just depends which time the Super Bowl is I guess.

14. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Huh? They blew out plenty of teams, and there were more when they were up big and let the other team back in it. The Seattle playoff game was typical of their season in a lot of ways.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If Denver wins it's a 17-14 style game IMO

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

That would be fine by me

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. If the Panthers score 24+ points, they win easily.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And I'm worried that the public is also heavy on the panthers, but the panthers on paper are so much better offensively it's not even funny

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

The Panthers have been killing it. But Denver will be up for this game.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What is the weather supposed to be like in SF on Sunday?