Super Bowl L

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cotton, Jan 25, 2016.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It needs a thread of its own.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I can't believe Thomas Davis is going to play with a broken right forearm. Or thinks he's is going to play.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

should be an interesting super bowl. wouldn't be surprised to see a non qb super bowl mvp

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

seems unlikely definitely.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As much as I want Manning to go out a winner, I don't think they will have the offensive power to keep up with the Panthers.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I've not seen anything about both Bronco safeties that went out of the game. NE definitely has better WRs that Carolina but Carolina has a far better RB than NE. Gronk and Olsen are comparable. That said, Cam is unreal and brings the ability to escape that Brady really needed yesterday.

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Jack Youngblood thinks that is nothing. He played the entire playoffs, Super Bowl, and the Pro Bowl with a broken fibula.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

caroliona's oline is also about 10,000 times better than new England's. There were some HUGE holes against a very good cardinals' D last night.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I still think the Broncos pass rush will get to Cam, but will have a lot harder time forcing him into mistakes because of his legs.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The only thing that will make or break the game is Cam's ability to control his emotions and not get wild with the football. Let your defense win it for you.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Get it in a cast and wrap it. He may not be able to tackle, but guys have played with broken arms before

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It will be interesting to watch how Ware and Miller go after Cam. I would let Ware go after him and have Miller play him almost like a spy

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think defensively for Denver it will come down to how well they cover without much help. Carolina will force the safeties to be more in run support unless they are able to hold up without it.
    Denver did a good job yesterday of disguising given the extra week it wouldn't surprise me if they come in well prepared and cause Carolina some issues.

Manning will have to take a few more shots and get out of the managing role somewhat to score enough. The draw back to that is putting your D in some bad spots if it doesn't work.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't seen anything, but scuttlebutt is that they're both doubtful to out.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Miller can cover some ground.

I think Denver will role to a more contained pocket that what you saw yesterday with all out after Brady.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Panthers at -4 just seems like free money to me. As much as I want Denver to win.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Super BowL, surely?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Surprised by that line. Would have expected a spread anywhere from a touchdown to 11. Though I think Denver does pose a threat to Carolina.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes, but you are going to get people betting on Denver's D.