Super Bowl L

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cotton, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think I'd agree, too.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I know I'm a major homer, but, for a one year deal, the '96 Packers were as good as anyone. The only team to lead the league in offense and defense since the '72 Dolphins. Led by Reggie White, Brett Favre, Desmond Howard, Leroy Butler, Andre Rison, etc.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

'85 Bears

Give me a killer defense over high powered offenses any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

those niners and cowboys teams had really good defenses too

5. NorrisAlan

Oh, I know. They shut down my beloved '84 Dolphins and Dan Marino. Jesus, it has been 31 years since the Dolphins have made it to the Super Bowl, 42 since they won it.

****. Thanks everyone for depressing me.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wonder how good those guys would be with today's rules. Probably have 200 yards of penalties in the first half.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

A guy had one with same Packers team signatures on Pawn Stars on History Channel, signatures on it were weak as well. I cannot remember what the price offered was or if it did sell.

I guess you do not wish to sell then. What is your "I don't want to sell" price?

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They'd get killed with today's passing attack. They made nfl offenses adapt to the current modern style because of how dominant they were.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I believe it was auto pen signed and not worth very much.

10. NorrisAlan

One of the reasons that in all of sports, Football is the hardest to judge one generational team to another. '65 Packers, if put into a time machine, would get demolished in every way possible against the worst NFL team in the league today (well, maybe).

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Sounds very likely.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

But could they beat Alabama?

13. NorrisAlan

You know, I hate to say it, but looking at that Green Bay roster from '65, their heaviest DT was 270. So...

EDIT: Bill Curry at Center weighing in at 235.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  14. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

No, but thank you for asking. I guess it's one of those items that brings back childhood memories.

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I certainly cannot argue against you, but if you should ever want to turn it into cash, please let me know.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

+1

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I had forgotten the names on that 62 Packers squad. Sheesh.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No. The 96 Packers weren't even the greatest team in the 90's. They may not be the greatest team anywhere between 94-98.

Not even in the discussion.