Talk nerdy to me

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 11, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Paramount said "we are paying HOW much for the special effects? I want to see them."

Seriously.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It looked like they were trying to make Star Trek: A Space Odyssey...

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He gets one eventually. Which is more than Spock or anyone else not Kirk can say.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I know it has plenty of issues but I probably like the motion picture more than most folks. Maybe it's nostalgia for being the first feature film, but I've watched plenty of times. I probably should have listed it in the bad films you watch thread.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I mentioned it under the heading of odd numbered Star Trek although it technically doesn't have one. I like it and will watch when I catch it on, but I won't go out of my way to watch it. I rank it right before the last TNG installment and well ahead of The Final Frontier.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The last TNG installment was worse than the Final Frontier imo, but it's academic because they're both poopy.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No spoilers

8. fl0at_

So I'm on Search for Spock. McCoy: racist or playfully insulting?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Playful racist. A sort of Donald trump with full-sized hands for surgeon work.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Trump has perfect sized hands for painting miniature army men.

11. fl0at_

Gonna get my nerd on at PAX South this year. Missing the last weekend of duck season, too. Better be all I hoped.

12. fl0at_

Watching Voyage Home. So... there is a whale...

13. gcbvol

I just realized BBCA's multi-day Doctor Who marathon has begun. Non-stop Who through Monday morning. Goodness.

14. InVolNerable

Tried watching this on several occasions. Could never get into it.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My son has been watching it almost non stop this week when not studying for semester exams. Watched the end of one of my least favourite episodes last night, and it made me feel stupid. I'd somehow never gotten or at least had always overlooked the, "I'm going to get my reward," line at the very end of the Tenth Doctor's cycle. What followed made more sense, but I still don't really like the episode.

16. gcbvol

First off, kudos for using "favourite". So apropos.

It's not my favourite episode on the whole either, though I did like the ending with the Doctor 'getting his reward'. I took it as him getting to say his goodbyes before regeneration, which I found touching. Might have made my eyes water, even.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The show is rubbish. Unwatchable.

18. gcbvol

Blasphemy!

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can't figure the popularity out. It's Hercules the Legendary Journeys set in modern day London. Terrible.

20. InVolNerable

Couthless.