Tennessee can compete for the division THIS year.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 10, 2011.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed, but I just don't expect he'll suddenly catch fire in the Florida game.

I'm thinking Florida 35, UT 21.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Homecoming for him and UF's D isn't worried about the run at all. I'm probably wishful thinking this one though.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fair enough. Do you expect the coaches to give Lane much more carries in this game, though?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Depends on how the game goes. The staff likes his hands catching out of the backfield better than Poole

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't get the disdain for Bray.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lane hasn't looked nearly as impressive as some people act like he has. I think he will be great as time goes on, but right now he is still adjusting big time.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think Lane has looked solid for a true freshman behind a line that only shades defenders a direction.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's looked impressive considering Poole, a 1000 rusher last season, looks no better than Lane has this season.

Lane has 3 more years to go.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Few thoughts on Bray.

Bray in 2010 was overly arrogant.

Bray in 2011 seems much more mature. Much more of a leader on the field within the team and in my experiences with him very respectable and a nice kid off the field.

My thoughts are that he has developed a bit of Manning's perfectionism and drive about him, but he also has that bit of Clausen coolness about him as well. I don't think he'll get rattled easy and to date when he's faced pressure he has hit his quick read.

Other than a couple of forced throws he got the bailout for against Montana, I really don't know what criticism you can of him to date.

10. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

He's shown a burst and agility we haven't seen at the position in some time.

11. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

How so?

12. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

And for the record, I'll take a QB with over confidence, arrogance, self assuredness or whatever you want to call it over the alternative any day.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I wouldn't go that far. At first glance, he appears to have the physical ability to be a top back. I haven't seen anything yet that says he has any more burst or agility than Lamarcus Coker, and I haven't seen anything that says he has more overall talent than Hardesty.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

That's what I would consider some time.

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

It has been so long since a Vol has had real breakaway speed, I wonder if I'd recognize it if I saw it.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Sorry. Didn't consider 2007 that long ago.

17. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

And really '06 was his only explosive year.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

he also tries to out-athlete defenders and has trouble holding on to the football. he has a lot of talent, but those freshman mistakes are going to be there for a while. I did say i think he will become a great back as time goes on.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indy, what aspect of the team do you like? Or are you just taking the devil's advocate role?

20. GoVols

GoVols Member

tyler-bray-throat-slash.jpg

If that isn't arrogance and immaturity, I'm not sure what is.