Tennessee can compete for the division THIS year.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 10, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The OL, which is made up of 4 sophomores (notice the trend?), has to block before anything happens.

All the talent in the world at QB and WR are irrelevant if Bray doesn't have time to at least take a 3 step drop.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

oh, and if UFs DLine and blitzes have their way with an inexperienced Oline, it might not matter how good Bray and his top two receivers are. The offense is comprised of a lot more than just Hunter, D Rogers and Bray.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

beat me to it.

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

we are, but we don't really know. I expect both D Rogers and Hunter to be fantastic NFL receivers one day (but I've still heard rumors that Hunter might chase Olympic Gold above all else). I expect Bray to be an NFL qb. But until I see them against real competition, I have no idea what will really happen. That's the point. It's why I don't gamble very often.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

i think i read somewhere that UF has recorded 2 total sacks in their first two games? not exactly world beaters. i expect them to put pressure on him, but Bray will have opportunities to make plays.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

from what little I saw of Florida, they were also very plain and simple against UAB and FAU. They didn't have to show much against those offenses. I firmly believe Muschamp has some stuff he hasn't shown us for Bray.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You are probably right. I honestly think Florida will beat us. but who knows.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shariff Floyd, who is supposedly the best DL on UF's roster, is making his first start Saturday. He's been out due to eligibility issues.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I don't want to, but I think I speak for the majority of us here when I say we are finally optimistic about being able to compete with Florida. Whether we can win or not is at best up for grabs IMO. If our offense can give Bray time, I think we're successful and compete in a shootout with UF, I just don't know who wins the shootout. Their D is light years better than ours, but I think we have the better offense. That's why they play the games.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UF's defensive backfield is the weakness of the D. Elam is a stud but the rest are fairly average.

It's the front 7 that's loaded with talent.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, this is the first time since 2006 where I didn't expect to see UF, at worst, run away with the game late.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm anxious to see Bray vs a faster secondary. I'm also hoping we can have a little ball security during the game.

13. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

Huh? Change your mind much? To say Bray is a disgrace to Tennessee football is ludicrous at best.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

internet sarcasm is so hard to pick up on for you older folk huh hman? :)

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I'm not sure there are many that disagree with that.

16. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

Good to have a sarcasm translator on the board.

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

haha, don't think i ever said so, so I'll say it here, glad you're here old man.

18. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

thhhhhppppttt

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

don't worry... If Broyles ever shows up full time, you won't be oldest. I don't think

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've been trying to compare the UNC defense he saw last year versus what Florida will have Sat.