Tennessee High School Football Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by MaconVol, May 5, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That a coach can't simply be a coach, they have to have other responsibilities.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I agree with what you were saying then

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

They do. Trinity, Kentucky in Louisville stomped two of Nashville's best teams last year, and just the other night, a team from Kentucky beat the hell out of Brentwood Academy.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That was trinity wasnt it? Or did they play ensworth?

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Edit- Nevermind, Friday night it was Trinity that beat Brentwood Academy. Final score was 52-23.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

A few years ago they lost to one of those schools. Overall, I would say Tennessee is better than Kentucky.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Baylor is one of the best coached teams in the state of Tennessee but they don't have tons of elite talent.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

There are some good Louisville teams and Convington has a good squad but there are some real dogs in Kentucky too. We beat the crap out of Corbin one year in Pop Warner.

Plenty of good football players have come from Tennessee... program development from top to bottom isn't what it is in places like GA, SC, AL or LA though.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's where the problem is.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

What thread?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do you bust the facts?

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's Sparty we're talking about. He thinks he's omniscient. What he "thinks" is always right.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was in random thoughts in the end zone.

He says NYY is just trolling for that E-cred. He said he done a 100 mile radius search around where NYY lived and that no one had been hired. You'd have to almost be retarded to buy that story.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Facts and sparty, don't need to be used together.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

A big week up here on the Highland Rim, and down on the Cumberland Basin. Smith County, who is a real threat to go deep in the playoffs this year in 3A, plays their cross county rival, Gordonsville, who may very well win the state championship in 1a. Also, Trousdale Co, who is always a threat to win the 2A state title, plays my alma matter, Macon County, who will likely go 0-10 this year. Anyway it is a great rivalry between neighboring counties, and it is a fun time of the year.

Gordonsville (0-0) is the definition of blue collar lunch pale hard nosed football with big guys on the line.
    Smith County (1-0) (34-0 W over White County), is always good in the trenches, and has some outstanding athletes at the skill positions. (Jalen Manning for example)

I say Smith County takes this one 28-21, in a great game.

Trousdale Co. (0-1) (34-13 L to Greenwood, Ky), is always a hard working, hard nosed team with 5 to 6 outstanding athletes a year.
    Macon Co. (0-1) (7-0 L to Jo Byrns) is very small on both lines and has no real threat at any of the skill positions. Have been working very hard in the weight room and practice field, but just to small and slow to be threat this season.

TC takes this one going away 48-0

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Hoping Dekalb can take the district 8 title this year, which hopefully means beating Smith County along the way. This is probably one of the best teams they've ever fielded. With all the seniors they're returning they should be set up for a decent playoff run.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I don't see Smith getting beat until deep into the playoffs. DeKalb should be really good though.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gearing up for the big game here in Blount County on Sunday. Alcoa didn't look great last week against Webb and Maryville put up 400 on the ground against Cleveland, although the secondary looked suspect at times. I'm just thankful that it's going to be in the mid-80s or so and that we won't have to have the heat index factor come into play.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Trinity escapes MBA with a 27-23 victory. I don't think MBA is even in the mid state top ten.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

MBA doesn't beat themselves and they play keep away on o