The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

one is magnetic and the other repellent. I get that. i may be worrying too much about one of the manifestations of those forces, which is not actually the driving force. I wouldn't know, I haven't coached nor have I been a desirable athlete.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Like with Anderson County and Campbell. It's a location issue.

If you live in the Caryville/Jacksboro area, you're basically the same distance to each school. You go to church, parents work together, and played in youth ball with players that go to both schools.

It's generally the parents and kids talking that leads them to moving from what they think is a bad situation to a better one.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hoo boy this is a coaching staff.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They look like 3 guys you'd find on every HS sideline and the rich dad cussing them from the fence.

Volokie and CardinalVol like this.
  5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That picture of DDIAPOS made me a little angry

justingroves likes this.
  6. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I still hate him more than Lyle.

justingroves likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

1. Pruitt
    2. Lyle
    3. ddiapos

TDVol1989 likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. No.

No.

Some y'all are so, so mistaken. Pruitt is not worse in any sense than the other two. It's beyond parody that this stupid fan base has people who think so.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Honestly it is a sin to hate someone more than you hate Butch

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Of the three, he is the only one that if I saw him walking down the street, I would be tempted to go kick him in the vag.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The photo of him smoking a cigar with Derrick Henry and others after the Bama game a few years ago still makes me want to beat him with a tire iron.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pruitt - From Alabama. Shit coach. Dumber than shit. [penis]. Can't cheat correctly.

Butch - Not from Alabama. Shit coach. Dumber than shit. [penis]. Wins against Georgia and Florida.

Dooley - Not from Alabama. Shit coach. [penis].

TDVol1989 likes this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pruitt went back to Tuscaloosa to try to help them win a National Championship after we hired him to be the head coach. That's worse than some dumbass smoking a cigar with a player that probably didn't even know his name.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know Pruitt was a transfer to Alabama and not a signee because he can't cheat correctly.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would gladly get an assault charge for punching Dooley or Butch. Pruitt, I would just recommend he stick at the assistant level and make a smart ass remark about the Alabama public education system.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

As time passes, I hate Dooley a little less. He sucked, but he's intelligent and his press conferences were entertaining. "Where's Rommel?" is still one of my favorites. He knew he was in over his head, made his money, went on his way. He at least went on to be a position coach in the NFL as his next position.

My hatred for Butch grows bigger every year. He's a smooth-brained conman that took a playoff quality roster, lost 4 games with them, and expected everyone to be groveling at his size 6 Stride Rites for doing so. He was incredulous that he could be fired for the worst season in Tennessee football history because he though his underperforming, no-name bowl winning teams had garnered him enough favor to withstand it. He gets credit for amazing recruiting classes, but he lucked into showing up for the best legacy class ever, with the gem of the class being the top lead recruiter of the cycle. He wasn't recruiting for shit after that, and his bullshit recruiting lies started surfacing. Then he went on to become Saban's fluffer intern, offsetting the buyout by a hilariously laughable $30k, while smoking cigars for having zero part in beating the teams that were 100% of his building. All just so he could say he was on a national championship staff (it'd be a lie to say he was on a national championship coaching staff, since he wasn't a coach, but I doubt that'll actually stop him from doing so). Topped off by the Ubben article where he still thinks he was good at UT and blames everything other than himself for everything that went wrong. He's a delusional, mouth-breathing, histrionic cliche machine who sunk my beloved university's football program.

Pruitt is an idiot, but he knows football. He'd probably be alright at a mid-major that was already humming, but rebuilding a historical top 15 program (so sad I we can't say top 10 anymore) from it's lowest depths ever, in a conference where getting the 5th rated recruiting class in the nation still only lands you at #4 in the conference, is a hefty undertaking for any coach - let alone a first-time coach with the non-football IQ equal to his eventual total win count. Again, at least he landed a legitimate gig post-canning (in fact, he's coaching buddies with Dooley now, since Dooley is TE coach for the giants, lol). His teams were frustrating, but not nearly as infuriating as Butch's.

Sucking with a shitty roster isn't fun, but watching a team that should be absolutely dominating most competition not even get to double digit wins is way worse for me. Beating Georgia and Florida is nice, but loses all of its luster when you couple it with things like losing out on the Cotton Bowl because you couldn't beat Vanderbilt.

1. Butch

--- Power Gap ---

2. British 'royal' family and Americans who follow them

--- Even More Gap ---

3. Dooley
    4. Pruitt

Final answer.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley was an absolute ass hole to some long time Vols, that's the biggest reason I would like to punch him.

You are 100% correct on Butch and Pruitt.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hell ya, down with monarchists

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I am right here, too. Pruitt and Dooley sucked, but their personas were known and clearly evident. Butch was the phoniest of phonies. Him celebrating at Bama with a cigar after he did nothing to beat a team he himself constructed was beyond any sort of comprehension I have for human behavior. I can understand and deal with an asshole, but not a piece of shit.

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Recency bias