The controversy here in Denver concerning Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Aug 23, 2011.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

christian ponder would be a better crap option.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fantasy points say you are wrong. Remember, a rushing yard is .1 points. He rushes for at least 50 yards a game. That's 5 points given.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"If we were to try to run a regular offense, he'd be screwed" - John Fox on Tebow

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

John Fox makes Bill Belichick and Tom Landry look like fuzzy teddy bears. He makes me laugh.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

A lot of the sports personalities in the city are now calling a spade a spade, and predicting this experiment falling apart soon. He just can't pass enough to keep defenses honest, going down the stretch.

I predict that the Jets shut that shit down tonight.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This Jets-Broncos game is an affront to Lamar Hunt, Pete Rozelle, Pop Warner, Weeb Ewbank, Dan Reeves, Walter Camp and anyone else you can think of that was remotely relevant to the game.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm not even gonna be a hater anymore. This is crazy... 3-1 as a starter if it holds up.

9. TennTradition

Well...that last drive was all about him. I'm not sure how the Jets allowed it, but it happened. That's just one drive...but it was at a critical time when Tebow was opened up to do what he does. If you're the Jets, you're embarrassed....I'm just raising my eyebrows and shaking my head..

10. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Jesus, was the media this insufferable when it came to Vince Young in 2006 when the Titans started winning a game or two here and there when he became the starter? I don't think so, even though there was the exact same "Vince is just a winner, that's all he does" bullshit as there is with Tebow.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So 4-1 as a starter?

It's funny because I don't really remember him leading game winning drives at Florida, and he has 2 in the NFL. Makes people forget the rest of the game.

12. TennTradition

He rarely had the *need* to lead a game-winining drive at UF.

13. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Guy just knows how to win. One scoring drive the entire game? Winner.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

exactly. there is no question you can win games in the nfl with a good defense and running it 50 times. the second they play any offense with a pulse they are screwed.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Everyone doesn't know that. Some people just see, "Tebow is magical! He did it again!" I see one touchdown drive the entire game.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You got baker and others on TOOS talking about how Tebow and the offense just keep the defense off the field, which makes it easier on them to play at a high level. Nevermind the fact that the time of possession stats for Denver aren't significantly better with Tebow running the offense (I will admit I was surprised by that). That defense is winning them games, and that's all there is to it.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hell, I think Orton is 3-2 at worst in the last five. He probably would have given the Lions a better fight, too.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Doesn't matter, because the team won't rally around Orton. They require a man yelling "Let's Go! C'mon!" in a shrill voice like that of a 50 year old female chain smoker to get up for games.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

yeah, i haven't heard anybody talk about the pick 6 that kept the Broncos in the game.

20. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Because Tebow wasn't the one who picked it off and ran it back.