The controversy here in Denver concerning Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Aug 23, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My gut feeling is you are probably right.

Someone should ask him - "Tim, would you describe yourself as Armenian or Calvinist?"

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guarantee Tebow would have a quick comeback about the important thing being accepting Jesus Christ as one's savior, or some other warm fuzzy thing. The guy is Christ-like at answering probing double-edged questions.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I feel like if Tim Tebow were a kicker, his team would be down 3-0 in the fourth. He misses seven field goals and doesn't get one kickoff past the thirty. In the final minute his punt returner takes one eighty yards for a score. Tebow nails the extra point and gets carried off the field as a the game's hero.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Change it to down 6-0 in the fourth and it seems pretty similar.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Tebow does need to be given some credit. Yes, he has been horrible for 3/4 of just about every game, and yes, he has been very lucky.

However, he is making plays. Despite some awful football, he completed around 80% while leading impressive drives in the 4th quarter and OT.

He's certainly not Tom Brady. However, he's not Craig Krenzel, either.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

his team believes they will win every close game. i contend with the current model he can get into the playoffs, but i bet he gets smoked when he gets there.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

New England this week is just the kind of team I don't think he can beat. We shall see.

Give Tebow this: he generates football conversation.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

patriots will roll him. their pass d stinks, but i can't see him taking advantage.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If Tebow was really a virgin, he isn't now. He just got butt[uck fay]ed by two bottom third defenses in two weeks.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ask your pastor.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Talked to a knowledgeable football guy who is also a lifelong Broncos fan yesterday that seemed very pleased with Tebow's progression this year and still quite hopeful that he can become a good enough QB in the NFL. I don't watch the Broncos a lot, but he said Tebow's accuracy has gotten a lot better the last few weeks and that several misses are the receivers fault for dropping a lot of catchable passes.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

His wide receivers are Demaryious Thomas and Eric Decker. His running back is Willis McGahee. And then there is Tebow himself. I can't tell heads or tails of their entire offense.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Decker was always a solid WR in college. He's reliable but not a gamebreaker.

McGahee has totally started over in Denver. I thought he was done but he looks 5 years younger than he did two seasons ago.

It's hard to get a read on Thomas. He benefited from playing at Georgia Tech. Teams just forgot to cover him. He's a great athlete but he's just now getting to where he should be as a WR.

You left out Eddie Royal, who's NFL success has surprised me more than anyone on that Denver roster.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was gagging so hard for Tebow to fail all this time, that he choked and made a total ass of himself when he finally got a chance to open his yap about it.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Will believe after the Pats beat the Broncos 66-6.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Tebow is all they talk about on ESPN anymore. Highly annoying. He's like Terrell Owens from 3-4 years ago.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

For the record, I think renowned can hold a starting job direct a couple of years now. He is improving