The Interview release canceled

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Hollywood does plenty of "Yeah America!" stuff to go alongside the more liberal movies. Even Clooney produced Argo, along those lines. I don't disagree that Hollywood is more liberal, but I think the characterization of it by Tenny was greatly exaggerated.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have never heard that take before. Probably true in some cases, but certainly not "most of Hollywood."

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The man show was awful. All of those movies are awful. Tommy Boy was great; Rob Lowe was barely supporting cast.

These are B listers at best. Lowe may crack the A-, but on recognition, not talent.

4. fl0at_

I would prefer there to be more, is my point. Lots and lots more.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

a lot of them live wasteful over the top lifestyles, which isn't putting your money where your mouth is

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The Man Show was assuredly awful. But 14 year old me took any opportunity to watch boobs bounce, and internet speeds were crawl speed back then.

40 Year Old Virgin is great. I liked Heavy Weights as a kid, but mainly because I found fat people funny. Haven't seen it in a while. But Apatow is pretty much known as the guy who directs Seth Rogen movies. Knocked Up is meh and an hour too long. Freaks & Geeks was a terribly boring show.

Apparently Rob Lowe isn't even credited in Tommy Boy. I hate his Parks and Rec character. Can't stand those DirecTV commercials either.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

You just switched gears.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

How many do you want? Clooney is making some pretty strong statements. The idea that no one would say anything was bullshit as soon as it was shared here. It has only gotten more absurd since. There is no rational way of spinning the response as small or nonexistent.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tenny, what are your thoughts on Obama's comments regarding Sony, and your rambling post looking like a Glenn Beck rant?

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I agree

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Some guy is working on a video game where you play as Jong Un and fend off an American invasion of North Korea. It looks pretty funny.

14. fl0at_

Enough to put Sony's ass in a vise. I'd rather it be to the point that Sony has to risk never having a good actor work on a project of theirs again, or tell a bunch of anonymous NK dudes to piss off.

Sony has gotten backlash. I want pressure. There is a difference.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd definitely give that a try.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're saying they want to release it but theaters won't take it now. Not sure I totally buy that. Maybe they'll put it on netflix or hulu or something.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, there's more ways to get it out than through theaters, if they're seriously trying and no one takes it.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Businesses that would be completely crippled by hacker attacks.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I've heard some private indiviuals are wanting to buy the rights from Sony and put it online for free. I doubt it happens though

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I bet we end up seeing this movie on way or another within 6 months.