The Minimum Wage machine

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Aug 19, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

A person would then conceivably realize that this is what nearly two million people in the United States do every day…at much harder jobs than turning a crank.

not sure that's accurate.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If they were smart, they would just kick the machine over and collect all the money in 20 seconds. See, that's why the people that turn the crank don't deserve anything more than 7 coconuts an hour.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I think there needs to be a real discussion about the floor of our wages are, but someone is going to have to explain to me why some jobs get paid at all.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

7 coconuts would be a raise, that'd be like 21-28 bucks.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I always thought those quarter machines at the arcade were a rip off.

This machine has potential.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I like the crank machine that you put 51 cents in, crank the handle, and your penny pops out flattened and stamped with the place you're at.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

His conclusion at the end is faulty. What one would realize is that you look for another machine that pays out $12 an hour to turn the crank. That the 7.50 an hour machine is just a training machine getting you ready for the better machines.

Then, after a few years, if you don't give up and just stay at the 7.50 machine, you might one day be at a 22.50 an hour machine. It has many more cranks on it, and is more complicated, but also more rewarding.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The minimum wage will always be zero. If the wage is higher than the production of the job, than the job will go away or will be pushed to the black market.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

A minimum wage of zero? Pretty sure that's slavery.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

i think he means it's not a job.

a job that doesn't exist pays zero.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wage- a fixed regular payment, typically paid on a daily or weekly basis, made by an employer to an employee, especially to a manual or unskilled worker.

He shouldn't use the word wage then, or should say it is .01 dollars.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

i think it's a fair rhetorical point

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No, that's the real floor of not having a job due to you trying to set some arbitrary floor instead of freely letting grown adults enter into contracts on their own.

You're going to price low and no skilled workers even more out of the labor market.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

As it takes no skill to operate a crank, I think 7.25 is a bargain.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Once every 4.97 seconds? Seems slow. Could easily cut that it half and double pay.

Wait, does union or government rules only allow the machine to be cranked every 4.97 seconds?

18. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

The point is to pretend that flipping burgers is worth $15 an hour by showing how grueling minimum wage jobs are.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Also, who fills said machine with pennies? How much do they make?

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Thought I was in ksusha thread for a moment.