The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This one’s for you ssmiff:

LeBron is the best defender on the best defensive team in basketball.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

When you realize you were hired to be the fall guy.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

LOL, Lou Williams being traded back to Atlanta.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Feels like the Nets just have an endless amount of open roster spots.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What do y'all think about Zion? I get that his numbers are outrageous right now, but his team is 12th in the West. And it's not like he doesn't have anyone good around him.

I'm just surprised people are freaking out about him so much and not questioning the record.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

1. Jordan
    2. Zion
    3. LeBron

imo

The Dooz, IP and InVolNerable like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont think Zions legs will hold up for very many years. Hes too think and kinda knock kneed. Need the bowlegs for longevity. They give like springs

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, yeah, obviously.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t know which thing is dumber... this Twitter fight between Kevin Durant and Michael Rapaport, or Stephen A commenting on said fight and using the words “street code” multiple times while doing so.

Are these people even real? What kind of adults do/say/care about stuff like this?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Stephen A Smith is definitely not real. He should be careful, they could replace him with a deep fake with lines and takes generated by machine learning, at this point, and no one would know the difference.

11. CardinalVol

God bless the internet and Twitter. From my trending re: the Space Jam sequel -

People are pointing out that Michael Jordan had Bill Murray help him defeat the Monstars in the original Space Jam after seeing LeBron James trying to recruit Superman and Iron-Man to defeat his nemesis in the trailer for Space Jam: A New Legacy

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Two huge wins for the Bucks over the past few days, and I can honestly say I'm not surprised.

For as much offensive firepower as the Nets have, they have NOBODY to guard Giannis or Embiid. The Nets really needed to win these games against the Bucks to keep their hopes of getting the 1 seed alive, and they DESPERATELY need the 1 seed so that they don't have to play both the Bucks and the 76ers in a playoff run.

If they land at the 2 or 3 seed, I don't think they make the finals, barring some bizarro world scenario where both the Bucks and the 76ers lose before they get to the Nets.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It took a minute, but it looks like AD finally woke up.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Dennis Rodman turns 60 today

16. CardinalVol

Udonis Haslem is awesome.

Indy likes this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Clippers lost to the worst team in the NBA tonight, falling down to the 4 seed in the West. If the Nuggets win their last game, they’ll lock up the 3 seed, and the Clippers will stay at the 4.

Can’t help but think that could come back to bite them. If I’m the Clippers, I want the Lakers as soon as possible, before LeBron and AD get healthier, and the team meshes again. With the Lakers likely to land at the 6 or 7, the Clippers wouldn’t see them until the WCF.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Toni Kukoc, 2021 HOF inductee.

Jordan’s last 3 championships came with 3 hall of famers and a hall of fame coach.

Just sayin’.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

@Uni - you nervous about the Bucks matching up with the Heat again in Round 1?

I think Milwaukee can beat the Nets, but I'm a bit hesitant to say they'll make it to the second round. They seem to have improved over last year, but Miami has had their number, for the most part, and it's hard to ignore the last 2 seasons' playoff stumbles.