The Official 8th NCAA 14 SEC/BIG TEN Online Dynasty

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Jun 17, 2013.

1. TheGhostBuster

TheGhostBuster New Member

Yep

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

3. VB

VB Member

In college. No responsibilities. Being poor. All the time in the world to play online dynasties

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Poor ends?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, once they move up to Madden.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Yup. Honestly, looking back on it.....it was quite shocking to see how dedicated everyone was to this. Would love to get another "league" or something going again at some point via Madden or something, but I doubt the immersion ever gets as intense as it was in the ODs since we were all mostly in school at that point and had time to play. Food for thought, though.

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Best game ever for everyone in these?

I am going to have to go with my 5 or 6 OT thriller with Mason. Kudos for your dynasty contribution Mason, wherever you are out there...........:/

8. VB

VB Member

I really enjoyed beating the shit out of Bass when he had LSU.

I'll go with my miraculous/lucky win against you in the SECCG

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

UF over UGA was my one shining moment.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to go with my win as UT over Duckman as Miami. Trailing by 2 scores in the second half, came all the way back and won on my way to a national title and undefeated season. This game was a lot of fun without volball.

One score in particular that sticks out was a long pass (maybe for a TD) on a halfback wheel route that really pissed off Duck because he usually covered the tailback religiously (govols182 effect) but just didn't that play.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Least favorite play was also against Duckman. I was Bama and he was Kentucky. My guy crossed the goal line as he was being tackled and time expired to send the game into overtime, and it just didn't count it.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I lost on a last second hail mary to Bass after scoring a TD to put me ahead with about :10 left. That sucked.

13. VB

VB Member

Worse game ever was playing IP and he just threw two yard passes all game with weird audibles

14. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

My first user game in the dynasty was against vb, and I beat him 35-14 or something like that.

Of course, he never held back after that.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

And you still won.

16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Yup, those sucked. I had forgotten about that game to be honest. I played you twice I think in that dynasty as Miami and thought I would be able to beat you in at least one of those games. You smoked me in the other match up.

Still don't know how he didn't fall into the endzone. I thought I only beat you in that game by a point but my memory might be fuzzy.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  17. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Volball's hail mary BS to beat me as time expired was probably my worst in these. A close second is when Harry beat me on a field goal as time expired to win 3-0 in '11. I still hadn't beaten him up that point so that sucked.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

As I recall you came out looking to establish a ground game, but I had 3 95+ speed linebackers that really negated anything going outside the tackles. That let me build a little 2 score lead that I got to sit on, since this game punishes anyone who has to pass a lot to move the ball.

I also was using the 3-3-5 a lot which was really good in the game that year. It was an "all or nothing" sort of defense, where you were either going to stuff/sack them or give up 15 yards. I had a roster that made it worth the risk.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That game was a low point for the entire dynasty, imo. I remember listening to you guys play and wonder how the hell no one had scored until time expired.

You both had a tendency to get super conservative if you weren't under any pressure to score. I imagine you were both just pounding the rock and punting, waiting for the other to get greedy and turn the ball over. You both consistently had 200 yard games with your running backs in that installment.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You guys have quite the memories.