The Quarterback position at the University of Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Aug 7, 2014.

1. netnvol

netnvol Member

[​IMG]

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

May very well be the case.
    The clips I have caught lend one to think none of the 3 are consistent in anyway at this point. I dont watch college football practices for a living but they (all of em) are struggling with putting the ball where it can be caught in drills where they have no physical pressure applied.

It may just be early camp obstacles and one or all of them may find their groove but right now the position has taken a step back since April and it doesnt really may any sense why. It should be right the opposite.

3. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Blue Water, White Death.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You mean how dependable Clausen was at throwing a final drive, game losing INT?

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Round the bowl, down the hole, roll Tide roll?

6. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Given your WRs, it seems like you just need one that can step up and be a game manager (the sun rises in the easy, grass is green, etc).

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's been proven that you need to get the football within 3 foot of North and he'll catch it.

That being said, I'm not sure there's a QB that can do that

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm sorry, if that's what you remember Clausen for

9. KenTenn

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It depends on which Clausen you're talking about.

Casey's wins in the swamp is what I'll remember him for, as well as 4th and 19

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If he was handed the reigns the way CClausen was, he'd have gone down as one of the best ever at Tennessee. He also may have been enough to keep that 05 team from imploding despite the behind the scenes madness.

12. KenTenn

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt it. He was constantly hurt and if Schaeffer doesn't get in, Tennessee loses to UF in 04 imo. I don't know why they went the Hail Mary route against ND 04 though, especially when Munoz was getting abused by Tuck. Fulmer and crew never seemed to try it, they were always content to run the clock out and go into half time.

I highly doubt he would have been able to keep that 05 team together either, but I don't know anyone, outside of Al Wilson, that would have been able to do that.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

To be fair, that's how I remember the last 4 years. A final drive, game losing INT in any game we've had a chance in

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I remember reading a Fulmer quote from back then that he thought about the Banks catch against UF right about that time. Whether he called for it or Randy thought about it, I don't recall.

16. Beechervol

That play happened right in front of me. I was sitting on the 20 yrd line on that end of the field.
    That was one of the more stupid in game decisions made in a game Ive ever witnessed. They were not even remotely close to trying a hail mary and really didn't need to have that happen to win anyway. ND wasn't gonna score without them handing it to them and that's exactly what happened right after that.

The 05' team was the warning shot for where the program was headed. That just so happened with a loaded roster.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Banks was gone and Tuck was skull ****ing the entire offensive line. It made no sense whatsoever

18. Beechervol

IIRC they had run one or two plays already that series without any results that even make you think of trying that.

19. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

The record in 05' reflected a downturn, but the two peach bowl blowouts in 02' and 03' against average ACC teams foreshadowed what the next decade would be like.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Those two games showed no one gave a shit if there wasn't anything other than pride on the line.

I watched the first half of the Clemson Peach Bowl and turned it off. I was ready to kill someone.