The Quarterback position at the University of Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Aug 7, 2014.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Their fans remind me of us though. We scored first in that game and they said "Oh God, that's it well be singing Rocky Top all flipping night. We suck so bad. "

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Worley & Peterman swallow.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Per one of our game day chats last season I am holding out hope we'll coax Britney Spears to play QB; in heels, even.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Opposing defenders will be sucked into her cavernous vagina. I like the way you think

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

LOL. Why shouldn't UT be the innovator, right? #legitgamechanger

6. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Dobbs throwing dead balls. Bajakian’s not panicking comments makes me believe two things. He is panicked. The whisperings about him not being able to develop QBs is giving off the scent of credibility. When a QB of some talent is throwing without spinning the ball, I say some mis-teaching is going on. Someone who has played QB for beyond a year, at high school level suddenly not spinning the ball when thrown, indicates something really wrong. From watching previous film of Dobbs, I know he can and did throw a spinning ball prior to the report below. Until these past few weeks, I had blind loyal trust in the whole staff. While I’m not guru on training players or anything else football, I’m beginning to think the pundits who question the DC and Bajakian may be onto something. Previous to now, I had dismissed them as self-appointed experts who didn’t even know how to blow their own nose and were using the wrong end of their anatomy to try. But now, I’m listening with greater care. Guess I’m learning from my Dooley days.
    http://tennessee.247sports.com/Arti...an-not-panicking-about-slow-QB-start-30168984

7. JayVols

As with all things, consider the source. There's several years of coaching experience here as well as other very knowledgeable folks. Contrary to what the sunshine & rainbow crowd over at toos say, even folks that tend to be bullish on aspects of UT football still love it. Just because someone speaks negatively it doesn't mean they are negative towards the team. Truth, even if it's only truth as one sees it, is important. If real issues are present, those issues must be recognized before they can be addressed. That's not to say that anything I or you say really matters at all. I'm simply saying blind hope can be as or more dangerous that being negative for the sake of being negative.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Name a starter, watch him improve overnight, especially if it is Dobbs.

JMO

9. JayVols

Competition is good. Not having to constantly worry about every throw, every step, every read can be good too.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Exactly.

Personally, if i was one of these three, I'd be such a head case i couldn't take a snap.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If for nothing else, pick one so he gets all the reps

12. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Me too. Unfortunately, I would say a few UT fans got a small taste of what we typically deal with as far as class is concerned from Clemson fans.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I was at the Maryland game. That was the line of demarcation. I sat in the stands guzzling copious amounts of booze and fully realizing that this was no longer an elite football program that I was watching. It was sad because it was right there in front of my face, and it was undeniable.

While I have no recollection of engaging in any fisticuffs after the game was over, there is substantial eyewitness testimony that I did, in fact, engage in some fisticuffs while exiting the GA dome.

14. kidbourbon

I'll take competition for $500, Alex.

15. kidbourbon

You can either throw a spiral or you can't. There's no misteaching at the college level of how to throw a damn spiral. And there's no regressing to throwing wounded ducks as opposed to spirals because you're nervous. To suggest that wobbly-thrown footballs are a symptom of the coaching staff or its decisions is to hop, skip, and jump over the line labeled 'ridiculous'.

Relax and have a quaalude.

16. kidbourbon

LIked for use of the phrase "cavernous vagina".

17. It's still 3 weeks until Utah State. I wouldn't name a starter until at least a week from today. Competition drives good players. Needing to know you're the starter in order to perform doesn't bode well in the SEC imo.

18. JayVols

In cases where you have a lazy player, absolutely. When you're dealing with some issues, worrying about every single detail can lead to paralysis by analysis. Players are like any other person. No two are the same & each one responds to different types of coaching. I've had some that wouldn't do anything unless you chewed them up one side & down the other. I've had others that crawled in a shell if you chewed them. The key is being able to identfy which type you're dealing with.

But I do like competition in most all cases.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here for the Quaaludes.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

All of this.