The Quarterback position at the University of Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Those were ugly. 04' gave me pause and with that squad coming back and flopping the next year that made 02' and 03' a lot easier to understand. It was going the wrong way.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Ainge wasn't there when he made the catch either, but that's what I recall reading. Hindsight being 2020, this was a significant decision along the path that lead to where we are today.

3. punkcat

punkcat Member

Heath Shuler is on the new Dish commercial with Bosworth so he's got that going for him.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Ken - Are you saying peterman is the better bet because he threw some red zone TDs against the 3rd team?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Peterman produced the worst QB performance in the history of tackle football. Let's not.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Stephen Hawking would've been more productive out there.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Looking back, i look at Bray and Ainge both as having alot of talent. You take away the off the field issues for both, put Bray with a decent defense and take away Ainge's shoulder injury and both could have had great careers here. I thought Ainge's arm was noticeably weaker after the injury in his freshman year. It never seemed to return to his freshman form.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Wasn't he supposedly injured?

9. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Nope. My post was a conditional statement [If practice for QBs continues along the vein claimed. . . .] as opposed to an absolutionist statement. The article does state that JW was 1-4 whereas NP and JD were 3-3. Further that, to my great dismay, JW is throwing balls short as if grass blades are his receivers. If this trend continues, I think it's pretty clear who won't be our starting QB.

As for folks who won't or can't let go of NP's Florida performance, things change. The Brits were whipping our azzes up and down the Eastern USA during the Revolutionary War (except the mountains boys under the Swamp Fox) but things changed and we beat them into submission. NP can and seems to have changed so why not give him the benefit of doubt this year?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  10. Beechervol

IIRC it happened during the game. But I think he had already made a couple of big mistakes before that.

11. Beechervol

And that's the part that should worry people. When you struggle throwing catchable balls to some of the guys on the roster now in drills that's a cause for concern.

12. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Bingo. None of the QBs have shown they can do that consistently. And with the receivers we have now, that takes some doing.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Per football time, qb depth chart looks like

Worley
    Peterman
    Dobbs

I can't fathom this. I just can't. Ready to hit panic button and cry.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[video=youtube;dV8S_2lwDkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8S_2lwDkQ[/video]

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I doubt that is true, but if it is, Bajakian has been on the job for 18 months and hasn't developed his most talented QB a single damn bit while maintaining a SOCON level talent on the field. That is inexcusable.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't know if it is, just saw what he said.

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I was AT the Clemson Peach Bowl. Those mother f'rs.

18. Dobbs sucks.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I was at both. That was some bad football.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I still remember their cheer "C-L-E-M-S-OOOOO-N !"