The Quarterback position at the University of Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Aug 7, 2014.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Honestly it's kind of silly to put anything on any of the players during that era. That would be giving the worst head coach in SEC history some sort of break.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

truth

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

ddiapos

4. yont sum iss?

Indeed.

5. yont sum iss?

Fair point, by the way. I'm still blaming Stooley.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I would love to have his picture on these placed in every urinal at Neyland.

[​IMG]

7. JayVols

Sounds like an IV project.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't blame him for UGA or South Carolina. The UNC game shouldn't have been sent to ot.

UK, he quit as did everyone else on the team.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'll give you the UK game, but that game was weird. I'm not unconvinced that Bray -- and others -- weren't actively trying to lose the game.*

And so I tend to bracket that game out. I'm not saying it's cool to either not try to win or actively try to lose; I'm just saying from a quality of play perspective, that game was an outlier for Bray.

*Or at least not trying to win.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

We could make this happen... And I am dead serious. This is doable.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My point was more about his ability to throw an INT in the last two minutes of numerous games where we had a chance to win or tie. But you are correct, I don't think our defense averaged 10 tackles a game

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be fair, the play calling wasn't great often.

13. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

We also have no idea how many of the plays Bray changed or threw to the unintended receiver so he could throw the deep ball.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Then why not let a freshman WR draw a play up in the dirt in the huddle. Like DGB did to us.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pressure and competition is fine. I agree.

However, it can be taken too far. I'm also not a fan of a competition at qb position. It usually means you have no qb.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Depends on the kid. With our 3 it doesn't work. Especially Dobbs. He's a glorified robot.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They had 217 yards of offense in that game. Two-thirds of their drives were three-and-outs. I'm willing to put that one on the offense.

19. JayVols

Not making excuses. I say this only for the entire picture, but wasn't that the game that Bray had strep or something? If he were too sick to be effective, I've gotta blame the staff. Then again, I may be thinking of another game.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It really is.