The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Oct 11, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If that is the sort of tail available after a zombie apocalypse, bring it on.

2. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Yep. "I'll have sex with you." About that sudden.

3. MacReady

MacReady New Member

I'm about to rewatch Dawn of the Dead (2004) at this point every Sunday night. This show is turning into horseshit fast.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

What is the storyline, then? It is just a bunch of people trying to survive after zombies and disease take over. Making love in an abandoned drug store seems as fitting as anything else we have seen so far.

And I am saying that as someone who likes the fact there is a seemingly meandering storyline. Heck, we are 8 shows in and still don't know the origin of almost any of the characters or the disease itself or how much of the country it has inflicted. Or do we? I don't know.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The sense of urgency has definitely subsided. The high school side trip was about the only time that felt like the first season. Even a missing little girl and a little boy with a bullet wound somehow doesn't seem like that much of a big deal.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

agreed. you'd think they were taking a camping trip rather than trying to end a zombie war.

7. KingWebbsticles

I'll just say it is the calm before the storm.

I don't have a [uck fay]ing clue where that little girl is, but the storyline is back on with the comics now. They are moving slowly due to the little girl missing but it should pick up soon. Although, I freakin hate Carol. Ungrateful [itch bay].

Btw, this show is a human drama. Zombies are just an obstacle that they have to overcome. There was a lot of good character development in last night's episode. And next week the return of Merle!?!

***SPOILERS****

There were a good number of little hints in this episode. Why no guns? Why was Maggie so upset with seeing them kill Well Zombie? Why wouldn't Herschel let them camp near the barn?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think they have spent too much time on the whole missing/wounded children angle. They have to pick up the pace.

Doesn't look good though. The only guy with balls is apparently going to be injured/in trouble next episode.

9. KingWebbsticles

Who said they are trying to end a zombie war? They are just trying to survive. There is no end or salvation. The CDC Doc told them that everywhere in the world was affected.

Hence the scene where Rick puts his badges away. He realizes that the world that they used to live in is no longer there. The world where police officers are looked to to protect and serve are history.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh. My. God. I think I know what's up, then. I was wondering about the guns thing more than anything. Especially considering the fat guy was clearly allowed to have a rifle to shoot deer and children with.

11. KingWebbsticles

I agree they need to pick up the pace some. Darryl isn't in the comics, so anything with his story is a surprise with me. It would be interesting to see what Darryl does if he finds Merle. Especially if he has the little girl.

12. KingWebbsticles

And remember who Herschel is. A very, very religious man. A few episodes ago he had a conversation with Rick about believing in a cure and that humanity will overcome this like with other plagues.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Classic "but it's my family!" zombie storyline comin'.

14. MacReady

MacReady New Member

It's a shame the writers suck at drama. The scene where Rick and Old Preacher Pete (can't remember his name) faces were about six inches away talking about Jesus looked like a high school play production. This season has been dogshit so far.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree that this season has been much weaker. Much. They only have like 2 episodes to turn it around before I leave it for dead.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i guess teh show runner moved on? might explain the drop in quality.

17. KingWebbsticles

Be careful. It may come back as a zombie.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That would be a great improvement.

19. KingWebbsticles

I don't know how long it will take to get there...

But if you are looking for zombie killing, stick with it. After they leave the farm, it gets real.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

How much [uck fay]ing longer are they going to stay on the farm? The whole season thus far could have been 2 episodes, easy.