The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Oct 11, 2011.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh don't worry, if things go the way they did in the book, shit is about to get real in a hurry. There are some things I just can't see AMC signing off on, but I thought that about some stuff that already happened, so we'll see.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rumors are abounding from legitimate sources (such as the writer of the series/comic book) that shit is indeed about to get REAL starting next week. Disappointed with the low zombie kills/human casualties? Supposedly next week the numbers are going to spike.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Will not be satisfied until there is a zombie/human love scene.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

please kill the wife. pretty please?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sounds like the perfect way for her to go out.

8. WM

WM Active Member

[itch bay] is too skinny to feed off of.

9. MacReady

MacReady New Member

The only characters i want to live at this point is the guy who drives the RV and the guy from Boondock Saints.

10. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Question for the Zombie guru's. Why are all of the bodies in the cars in the traffic jam, dead and not zombies? I thought once you were attacked and bitten, you became one of them. Plus, how could the guy that gashed his arm have not been infected, when he hid underneath a dead body with blood gushing out of his arm?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

For the first one, the writer of the show/comics said that if someone died due to a head trauma, such as in a car accident, they would not be able to become walking dead. The one requirement for a zombie in this universe is an intact brain.

For the second one, he basically just got lucky, OR the bodies they were hiding under weren't ever zombies/had been "dead" dead for so long the pathogen was no longer present. That is my rationalization. The writer of the show also said issues of whether gore-to-broken skin or eyes infects will be explored as the show goes on. So far, it just hasn't happened. It may be that some people are more resistant than others, and only a bite can get some people.

As I recall, originally some people were said to have just "gotten sick" at the beginning of the outbreak, which indicates perhaps they were even more susceptible than most people. So it could be something like that.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Got to have the suicidal blonde to repopulate the human race with.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes apparently it spread so easily that zombies have taken over the world, but somehow these people are immune. plotline has lots of issues IMO. but i only care because i love the show so much. in reality they should be killing people off regurarly and just adding new people.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Black dude with the gash is running a really high fever, so...

15. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

+1

agree w/ others that the plot kind of meanders w/out going anywhere .. wish they would either make it laughably cartoonish or make things get real .. blood, gore, mahem ... sounds like the plot is headed that way :popcorn:

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that they will be killing folks off and adding new ones as time goes on. These people aren't "immune," they were just smart enough to immediately break away from civilization, as you recall.

I think the holes are intentional in the sense that just like the characters have a very limited and imperfect knowledge of what is going on, so do we. Remember, they don't even call these things "zombies," because in their world there is no long cult fiction of zombies to reference from.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unless the writer was just making comments to string us along, which is possible, things are going to head that way next week. He did say it would always ebb and flow, so things will get "calm" again. He specifically said that at the end of the season, no one would be mentioning or concerned about a lack of death/gore/zombie killing.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it is weird we get almost no mention of why it spread so fast and what happened. even in the first couple episodes rick doesn't seem to really care and asks almost no questions. i agree it's probably intentional though.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rick asked that black guy and his son a ton of questions, and was just most concerned with finding his family if they were alive.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Damn; that was cold!