The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I think my technique is fine and I could easily go up in weight and cut reps. For instance, instead of doing 3 sets of 15 on a sit-down chest press @130lbs, I could easily do 4 sets of 5 @160+. Not sure which is better, probably the higher weight.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

So I did a bit of research on a keto diet, it's basically just a low-card diet? That would be hard since I eat bread all the damn time but I could probably pull it off.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

In simple terms yes. It's more complex than that because there is a ratio of fats/proteins/carbs for your body to reach ketosis and burn fat in place of glucose

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's definitely not an easy diet but after the first couple weeks it gets easier. Works really well.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am a big fan of not going on some kind of 'diet'. It will all just come back when you crash out. Same with giving up all of XXXX and YYYY because it is 'bad for me'.

Moderation, exercise and eat less.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You weigh 62 pounds.

7. NorrisAlan

True, but I have seen my wife struggle, and goes on these fad diets, cuts out all chicken and only eats two day old vegetables and one ounce of tuna a day. And it doesn't work.

It all comes roaring back when she crashes off of the diet and then she feels shittier than when she started.

And I am now up to 215. If I am not careful, I will wake up in a few years weighing 250 pounds.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I gave up tobacco because it was bad for me.

But now I’m thinking I can go back. In moderation.

Thanks Alan!

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't drink cokes or soft drinks and I don't drink energy drinks. I have been able to eat like a 5 year old and not gain much weight.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Keto would be hard. Way too many things with little sugar and sweetener that you wouldn’t even realize contain them. Would take a lot of careful label reading.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I would stick with compound movements for 3-5 sets of 5 for the most part. More bang for your buck. JMO.

12. NorrisAlan

Don't forget that one hit of heroin a week, too!

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Many people could drop quite a bit just eliminating liquid calories.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And it really isn't the hardest thing to give up. Saves a good chunk of change, too.

justingroves likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I enjoy sweet tea from time to time, but I quit drinking cokes when I was in high school for football and I never really drank them again.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sodas is easier to give up. Beer and liquor are my vices.

zehr27 and Volalum like this.
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It takes a long, long time for some folks to modify their diet on a somewhat permanent basis. It took years for me to get away from regular fast food, fried this and that, and things like ice cream. Not that I never partake in these, I enjoy Taco Bell quite regularly (couple to three times a month) and have fried stuff at about the same frequency, but I don't crave them very much at all.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Arnold Palmers cost me

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

When i need to lose that’s the way I go.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Beer. Liquor.

And a can of skoal a day. I’ll be dancing with those until they stuff cotton in me.

zehr27 and hohenfelsvol like this.