This is just stupid, imho.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Feb 10, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tell it to the judge.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm just reporting here.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and that's fair. I suspect Americans said that to slaves for decades. You know, back when they were 3/5 of a person - by LAW.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you are confused as to who's rights were potentially infringed upon, and who is trying to limit the power of working folks.

I think your "state revenue" comment was closer to what motivates your view on this.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think you simply missed the point, but that appears to be one of your standby moves here.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Projecting?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I noticed you didn't bother trying to make those points make any sense.

And if I need to explain to you that existence of a law has nothing to do with quality or value of said law, I understand the miss.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Politicians bullying workers out of unions is not a good thing. A law preventing it would be a quality law.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

bullying? seriously? How in the hell is the union not bullying? Why would the info flow be limited to unidirectional? How on earth is that quality?

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

presumably you're going to make those points make sense? Maybe the university ivory tower view will make some sense this time.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

So information should flow from the government? I like this and can get behind it.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you're acting like it doesn't today. That's absurd. Why would we limit it in specific cases, like this one.

The government owes us regular financial accounting and politicians owe is to relate to us the financial impact of large happenings in their jurisdictions. When has that not been absolutely true?

Stop making things up.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What am I making up? Please stop constructing straw men.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

where's the straw? you pretended that the government provides no financial plan or advice. Are you pissed that the idiot inhabiting the Oval Office sold us a turd of a HC plan on a completely fabricated lie of an economic layout?

Now, why in the hell are we muzzling them in this instance?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Muzzling them? They are threatening to remove incentives if there are unions. That isn't just giving out information, that is coercion at best.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Who threatened to remove incentives? Are we sure that was the deal?

Why were we OK with the state openly offering incentives on the front end? Why does the muzzle come out when talking unions? Why doesn't the state have a stake in the outcome when we're talking about unionizing a plant?

Do you have a legitimate reason for the state to be unable to weigh in when it has a massive stake in the place?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is going to be a gold mine the next time you want to talk about any kind of government "intrusion."

I do not think the state has the best interests of the workers or taxpayers in mind. Rather, they have the interests of their campaign donors in mind.