Trump is in

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 16, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, so you meant American banks "doing their thing" resulted in the highest ownership rate in American history. Wow. What a meaningful statement you claim to have been making. Not only self referential, but without any possible stated or implied causality.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What the hell are you talking about? Speak English.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey guys, the actions of MLB brought about the highest popularity in MLB history... Wow! Deep analysis!

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So you are saying you agree the banks were responsible for the highest home ownership in history?

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

An unsustainable level pushed by government policy

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

But but but home ownership is the American Dream! Dream killer!

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Follow your statements:

1. American banks are doing a great job.
    2. We know this because home ownership was the highest in American history once, years ago.

Your evidence/connection that it was the banks and not some other factor(s) is not stated. Your metric is completely meaningless, and could also be stated as "home ownership was higher in America at one time than it is today, therefore banks are doing a great job." It is not a logical statement.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What other factor had home ownership that high? I'm all ears.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I am not continuing until you clarify how you intended your statement. Either you originally were dead wrong in stating home ownership was at an all-time high and chickenshitted your way into saying you meant "past tense" which makes no damn sense logically, or you made a completely illogical statement that because one time we had higher home ownership than today (that's what a previous record high means) that the banks are doing a great job without making any connection or correlation between the banks and home ownership.

So were you wrong in your claim or did you make a nonsensical statement that touted a downward trend as proof of American banks' current success?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Meaning you have no answer as usual because you don't understand it.

I suggested banks were doing a fine job before the regulators got involved. You know the era that people like yourself refer to as the banks going crazy and greedy. And the same era that he was referring to in his speech. You know the speech i was responding to in the first place.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which regulators? What year?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah that quarter of a percent drop was really a nose dive

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Nosediving? For real? It was still well above the historical average. Compar that to afterwards? I'm still waiting for your reason why it was at an all time high.

I'm sure 4 million people not able to get loans they could get before had nothing to do with that drop from 2009 onwards.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It was probably a pretty good indiator that the bubble was about to burst.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I bought a house in the summer of 2009 at the age of 24, by myself with my wife in grad school.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Probably. Couldn't go forever. But I've never understood the theory that lending to people, even if they are poor, is a bad thing.