Trump is in

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 16, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

What bubble?! The banks were doing just fine until 2010 when that bill was passed!

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unless it was 350k, things might play out differently in most parts of the country now.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Extract wealth from younger? Holy stupid.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Fed and FDIC beginning in 2007&8. Prior they were enforcing CRA, which was driving huge numbers of shoddy loans.

CDS insuring pooled mortgages allowed the easy credit, and those were essentially ignored by the fed. Pathetic.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you're saying things weren't going great before 2007 and 2008, but you're responding to me instead of droski who touted the higher home ownership rates to be a sign of banks doing a great job. Fascinating.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who's going to be paying the debts? Where is the mortgage money coming from for these rented properties? Yep.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ha ha ha ha ha

I'm going to assume you are joking

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Where did he say things weren't going great? I thought home ownership was the epitome of the American Dream so things must have been going great no ? Or are you now backing off that?

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Did you actually make sense of it?

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think it was older landlords are taking wealth from millennials through renting.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is sad that you can make statements that are not accurate, deny you meant them, then try to turn it back on me. You were wrong about home ownership rates. Your statements on why they are the "highest in American history," and then that you know that they are lower now but that is because of meddling from regulators after the downturn, and then trying to make a statement that somehow these numbers not being great conflict with MY argument... well, you're just being nonsensical. But don't worry, Beecher thinks I'm the crazy one so it must be so. I'm sure BPV will come in and respond to me correcting your mistakes again.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I thought it was pretty clear what time period I was referring to. Guess I overestimated you. Pathetic that the difference between present and past tense is too much for you. It's sad that the only arguments you seem to be able to make are over semantics or inventing things that I never said.

Bpv wasn't correcting me buddy.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm still awaiting you explaining to me how the banks screwed the little people.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, it still isn't. You still have not stated what the hell you meant by "Record high in American History" years ago and then a decline being proof of things being great up until recently.

BPV said things were being done shoddily prior to 2007/2008. You're saying that was the time when banks were doing a great job. He was actually agreeing with me, whether he or you want to acknowledge it or not.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

One thing at a time. I'm tired of you not making meaningful arguments and just moving on to the next one. Also, you could read the article or ask a Koch brother for all I care. I didn't write the story.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

So I was right.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I used the past tense. You do realize that doesn't mean today right? You agreed with Koch that the banks did evil. I said the banks led to the highest home ownership in American history which they did. Both Koch and I were clearly not referring to today.

No read what he said. You realize he referred to two govt agencies right?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Humor me.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

"And btw the "greedy" banks doing their thing only resulted in the highest home ownership rate in American history..."

This statement is meaningless and thus the argument you are making is baseless. Banks "did their thing", according to you, until 2010. Well the highest home ownership rate was well before then.